Evan from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emo1981

Reaction score
I have been homebrewing for about a year and a half now. My buddy and I have a fig porter that we started brewing last month and is in the secondary fermenter now. I just started a cider for my future wife and put some pecan wood chips into a pitcher and am soaking it in Forty Creek Canadian Whiskey and a small thing of Johnny Walker Red. I am going to use that for an imperial stout that is also going to have a bitter hop character to it. I am excited about that. I am in Austin, Texas, where there are quite a few new beers coming around and a huge beer and homebrew scene.

Cheers and Gig 'Em,

Evan

Are you a Zealot? If not...become one and as long as Austin is your city dont ever say gig' em again...Welcome to the forum

I'm an Aggie; it's in my blood. I will say Gig 'Em no matter where I'm from. And no, I don't mean hook 'em.

I have been to a Zealot meeting a few times. I will be finally entering a competition.

It is the Austin Homebrew club. Chris I have seen your name on the email list a few times and on the fb group.

Back