$73.00 Strong, no weld, no skills brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GePe

Reaction score
Hello all. I finally found a way to have a strong, safe, portable brewstand.
Parts List from Seville Classics
5 18" x 18" wire shelves (500lb capacity per shelf)
2 sets of 36" poles (4 36" poles total)
2 sets of 52" poles (4 52" poles total)
2 sets of 3" castors (8 castors total)
total cost is just under $73.00, plus shipping
Assembly time is about 15 minutes with no welding or bolting required.
I did add hardy board under each burner and between the burners and other components (hot LP tanks = bad) that increased the total cost of the stand to $83.00. Still not bad for a three tier brewstand!

IMG_0561.jpg

the shelves are individually rated at 500 lbs. The casters have a collective rating above 800 lbs. And yes, it is utterly stable. I have brewed this system several times often boiling one batch while mashing the next and heating the hlt at the same time. the combined weights are far below the shelving ratings, so sry, no burn pics :O)
Having said that, I do not suggest anyone try a design with which they are not comfortable. 40 gal of hot liquid is nothing to play around with.

What about the cost of the kegs/valves

still it looks like it would be well under 500$

Hiya OldWorld! The valves came from Bargain Fittings and weren't too bad. I cant really remember but it seems that with bulkheads they were under $30 each.

Latest posts

Back