Thermostat for Son of Fermentation Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmyoung

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm working on a Son of Fermentation Chiller project, and I'm looking for an appropriate thermostat. I'm looking for something that the thermistor could be removed from the unit, so I can mount it on the outside. The goal is to be able to do something very similar to this project here. Unfortunately the thermostat in the preceding link seems to have been discontinued. If anybody has any ideas, that would be a huge help.

Thanks

Edit: I have 12V DC fan, and power adapter, I'm very comfortable soldering, but setting up a relay, if necessary, is a bit beyond my expertise.

Hey folks,

I'm working on a Son of Fermentation Chiller project, and I'm looking for an appropriate thermostat. I'm looking for something that the thermistor could be removed from the unit, so I can mount it on the outside. The goal is to be able to do something very similar to this project here. Unfortunately the thermostat in the preceding link seems to have been discontinued. If anybody has any ideas, that would be a huge help.

Thanks

Edit: I have 12V DC fan, and power adapter, I'm very comfortable soldering, but setting up a relay, if necessary, is a bit beyond my expertise.

I picked up an analog Johnson Controller off Ebay for like $22 shipped. It works great for me! I made the MOTHER of Son of Fermentation Chiller... that holds 2 carboys. Love it. :mug:

I used a Rite Temp one that I got at HD. They still have them at the HD near me. Works great and was only 9 bucks.

Back