Temp Controller Box Assembled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomcat333

Reaction score
So this isn't anything terribly new, but I just got my temperature controller box wired up and running and am pumped so I wanted to post. It's not terribly complicated, but it looks pretty nice, it will both heat and cool, it has outlet connections, and only cost around ~$60.

I based the unit on the temperature controller at the link below... fantastic little unit for $44.50. This is the second one I've purchased and both are running great.
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Here's a pic of all of the parts laid out and ready.
DSC01902.JPG

And here's the final unit. It has a power switch on the front, a plug connection for the cooling unit on the left, and a plug for the heating element on the right.
DSC01965.JPG

Currently running around 52F for a 10-gallon Octoberfest... totally pumped.

Looks like a great build, I love seeing PID controllers on fermentation chambers. I just went with the simple Love TSS2 on mine. But even better to see more NCSU members on the forum. I grew up in Cary and went to NCSU for school.

Chromados

Looks like a great build, I love seeing PID controllers on fermentation chambers. I just went with the simple Love TSS2 on mine. But even better to see more NCSU members on the forum. I grew up in Cary and went to NCSU for school.

Chromados

NCSU undergrad here! :ban:

I like the controller, but I am curious as to how you pulled this off for $60? The controller alone after shipping is about $50, and I see way too much other stuff there to make up the other $10.

Back