Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > Stc-1000 wiring

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #111
cwi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here is another DIY success story brought to you by yousudsymf:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/oste...9/#post4050362

At least you are consistent- act first, ask questions later.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #112
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Hey, cwi, we understand you are a dick. Go be a dick somewhere else.

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Stauffbier Likes This 
Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #113
imrook
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks to everyone who contributed photos, diagrams and details to this thread. I finished my temperature controller box last night and I now have my first keg carbing in my keezer. Next project: make my first lager.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #114
stratmaster1029
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Just finished my STC-1000 build

A couple pics of my STC-1000 build. So many great ideas on this site! I know I have seen neater wiring but mine works.

stc1000-1.jpg   img00056-20121202-1048.jpg   img00060-20121207-0940.jpg   stc4.jpg   stc1000-2.jpg  

Old 01-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #115
saxowam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default appropriate outlet

Just wondering if it is necessary to use such expensive outlets vs cheaper ones that have similar shape. For example I see a bunch of people using http://www.homedepot.com/buy/leviton...l#.UPYJuaHjl4U so would this be acceptable instead http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...8#.UPYLEqHjl4U ? Thanks in advance for any advice you all may have.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #116
Leadpencil
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I hardwired mine right into the freezer. I think that it's cleaner and more convenient.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #117
saxowam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Success

Definitely went with the cheaper outlets to save about $10 a controller, especially when you buy the 10 pack. Needed 2 and a friend wanted one so much more cost effective. Thanks for the awesome wiring diagrams, super easy to follow and completed two boxes in less than 2 hours.

Primary: WIPA, Fig Quad, Winter Ale
Secondary: RIS on oak chips
Keg: Black Porter and then 6 sad empty kegs

Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #118
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 63

So....I wired up one of these today, and the heating side works as expected, but I get no power for cooling. I have checked and re-checked the wiring for that path, even going so far as to completely rewire the entire path from the incoming power cord all the way through the controller and to that outlet, but still it doesn't work. My wife has moved my outlet tester and multimeter somewhere I can't find it and she's out shopping. Otherwise, I'd be able to tell you more details about where power is getting. However, the wiring on these things is pretty straightforward so I have to think that at least there is power getting to the "cooling" relay.

When the heating side turns on, there is an audible click from the relay, but I don't really get the same click for cooling, leading me to believe perhaps I have a faulty relay in my controller. Anyone else run into issues like this?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #119
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3253 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
So....I wired up one of these today, and the heating side works as expected, but I get no power for cooling. I have checked and re-checked the wiring for that path, even going so far as to completely rewire the entire path from the incoming power cord all the way through the controller and to that outlet, but still it doesn't work. My wife has moved my outlet tester and multimeter somewhere I can't find it and she's out shopping. Otherwise, I'd be able to tell you more details about where power is getting. However, the wiring on these things is pretty straightforward so I have to think that at least there is power getting to the "cooling" relay.

When the heating side turns on, there is an audible click from the relay, but I don't really get the same click for cooling, leading me to believe perhaps I have a faulty relay in my controller. Anyone else run into issues like this?
Are you waiting for the compressor delay? Is the cooling light flashing? In case you didn't know, the cooling side has a compressor delay feature, which prevents the relay from switching if it's been on recently. This is to protect the compressor from short cycling. It activates when the unit is first plugged in also.

Edit: If the cooling light is blinking, it means that it's in compressor delay status. The factory setting for the compressor delay is 3 min IIRC, but you can change it under menu item F3. I suggest maxing it out at 10 min.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #120
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanMoore View Post
Are you waiting for the compressor delay? In case you didn't know, the cooling side has a compressor delay feature, which prevents the relay from switching if it's been on recently. This is to protect the compressor from short cycling. It activates when the unit is first plugged in.
Ah, I didn't know that. How long is the delay?

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS