Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > Reversing Johnson temp control A19AAT

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
johnsonbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Reversing Johnson temp control A19AAT

I have seen a few threads on here about this but nothing specific to help me accomplish this. I want to reverse my johnson temp control A19AAT from cooling to heating to help regulate the temp in my fermentation box. I am not quite understanding how to reverse it. The best post I found said there is a plugged terminal than needs to be unplugged and a black wire need to be removed and placed there. I dont really see anything like that. Does anyone have a pic or anything that shows what they are talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

ThankS!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
Yellowirenut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 11

does inside the cover have two or three brass connections?

Old 02-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
johnsonbrew
Recipes 

It has two that have screws and connectors already plugged into. I found that there is a black plug between them and was able to pull it out and saw where it fit the same sized screw as the other two posts. I connected the black wire to that, and have the feeling this is what they were talking about. My fermentation box has not heated up like it did before and when I test the controller it kicks on when I move it to A higher temp the what is being read inside the box then shuts off when I raise the temp further. I think I have it figured out.

Quick Reply