Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > pulley hoist system for carboys
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #61
Hmmessman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 27
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Inexpensive harbor freight electric 110 winch. Use them around the farm for lifting various things. Put the hook through the carboy handle. One hand on the control one to steady the carboy.

__________________
Hmmessman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #62
cheezydemon3
Registered User
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisville
Posts: 12,967
Liked 1649 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default

I strongly recommend a T-1000 for any heavy lifting. I might let you borrow mine some time.

Self propelled, 0 maintenance, 0 spillage, pretty ideal.


It was sent back in time to erase my existence, but inadvertantly stuck it's hand in my toaster while reaching for my throat. Fried it's motherboard and basically re-booted itself with no prime directive. It was a blank canvas.

So I told it that it's prime directive was to stand by my keezer and lift things in and out. been that way for 6 years. Highly recommend it!

Does get awkward when someone new comes over and wonders about the man just standing in my basement, but it's worth it!

__________________
cheezydemon3 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #63
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lschiavo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Surrounded by Yoopers
Posts: 4,003
Liked 794 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 548

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I strongly recommend a T-1000 for any heavy lifting. I might let you borrow mine some time.

Self propelled, 0 maintenance, 0 spillage, pretty ideal.


It was sent back in time to erase my existence, but inadvertantly stuck it's hand in my toaster while reaching for my throat. Fried it's motherboard and basically re-booted itself with no prime directive. It was a blank canvas.

So I told it that it's prime directive was to stand by my keezer and lift things in and out. been that way for 6 years. Highly recommend it!

Does get awkward when someone new comes over and wonders about the man just standing in my basement, but it's worth it!
Not everyone is as lucky as you are. Quit bragging and lets try to find some real solutions to this problem.
__________________
lschiavo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #64
cheezydemon3
Registered User
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisville
Posts: 12,967
Liked 1649 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Not everyone is as lucky as you are. Quit bragging and lets try to find some real solutions to this problem.


I did offer to lend him out!

You are right though, it would be temporary at best.
__________________
cheezydemon3 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #65
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lschiavo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Surrounded by Yoopers
Posts: 4,003
Liked 794 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 548

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post


I did offer to lend him out!

You are right though, it would be temporary at best.
Yes you did. I could use him tonight (I imagine he could just run over). I just threw out my back getting out of my chair yesterday...man I'm getting old.
__________________
lschiavo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #66
cheezydemon3
Registered User
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisville
Posts: 12,967
Liked 1649 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Yes you did. I could use him tonight (I imagine he could just run over). I just threw out my back getting out of my chair yesterday...man I'm getting old.
On his way! I was able to guess your address from your location under your avatar. You might want to consider being a little more vague!

I need him back Tuesday, I need to change the oil.
__________________
cheezydemon3 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #67
static
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
static's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 648
Liked 52 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Default

Hrm... ideas

__________________

The yeast knows what it's doing.

static is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BIAB brew stand with hoist and pump fortydegnorth Brew Stands 161 08-07-2014 06:16 PM
Pulley system for BIAB mcduhamel Brew Stands 8 04-30-2012 02:40 AM
I need a lift or pulley system Whippy Brew Stands 11 06-21-2011 05:53 AM
Gravity Fed AG system using hoist? Pkendzi Brew Stands 2 03-28-2011 02:11 AM
pulley sizing for motorized mil martinworswick Other 5 10-02-2010 09:08 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS