Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > My aquarium temperature controller build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default My aquarium temperature controller build

I finally got around to building my temperature controller.

I used an electrical box from Home Depot (around 6x6x6"), a regular two-way switch (I want to be able to shut it all off completely, but it's not necessary), and a normal 3 prong outlet.

I used a drill bit to make holes in the corners on my template to make room for the controller, the switch, and the outlet, which I then connected with a jig saw, and finally finished the holes using a dremel with a mini drum sander. It would be easier/quicker to use the cutting tool for the dremel, but I didn't have one so I used what was available.

Here's what it ended up looking like:

I ended up mounting the outlet on the back on the thing, it could just as easily be mounted on the sides or under.

M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply