Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > Mini fridge conversion help (pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Thonz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Mini fridge conversion help (pics)

Hi guys,

I've got an old mini fridge that I want to convert to a fermentation chamber, but I can't seem to get enough space for my fermentation bucket.
I know that it is cooled through the freezer compartment, but I can't free the coils. That's where I need some help.
Also, I've accidentally cut a cord. Can you identify what it is?
Pics:

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/0gYSKnF.jpg[/img]

Don't worry, the fridge will be thoroughly cleaned before use.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
reynolds5520
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 15

That looks like a heat cable used to prevent excess condensation on the face of the mullion between the compartments and/or for a timer defrost cycle. If that is correct, you can cut it and cap it at each end. You won't need it in your application.

As to the coils, I can't quite tell from the pictures what you have there. It looks like there is a section of evaporator on the upper back wall of the refrigeration section, and another on the top of the freezer. Is there more in the floor of the freezer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply