Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > Kenmore 8.8 cu ft on sale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
fredGSX
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs349 View Post
Anyone know how many cornys could fit in there?
According to the keezer thread it will fit 4 without a collar and 2 more on the hump, so 6, with a collar.

Post #38
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sizi...ml#post1139361

Primary - Orange Hefe & Apfelwein
Secondary - Strawberry Centennial Blonde
Bottled - Centennial Blonde
Drinking - Hefe (Bible Recipe )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
UofMontanaAlum
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by llenrocs View Post
When I was looking for a new freezer about a year ago I was told (by an appliance store mgr... maybe not the most reliable source) that only two companies now make consumer quality freezers: Frigidaire and Crosley. All others are rebranded versions from these two companies.
Whirlpool just purchased the manufacturing facilites from a bankrupt company called W.C. Woods. Woods had liscensed the Whirlpool name on their freezers for years. With W.C. Woods going under, it allowed Whirlpool to buy the plant and keep all the factory employees. All Whirlpool freezers will be made in the USA (Ohio).

Old 01-23-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMontanaAlum View Post
Whirlpool just purchased the manufacturing facilites from a bankrupt company called W.C. Woods. Woods had liscensed the Whirlpool name on their freezers for years. With W.C. Woods going under, it allowed Whirlpool to buy the plant and keep all the factory employees. All Whirlpool freezers will be made in the USA (Ohio).
Wow! That's good news keeping (at least something) manufacturing in the USA. My reply before was from what was told 2 years ago as i've retired. My Sears dishwasher purchased new back then for my house with the exact model and brand by Sears but 5 years older. I installed the old one in my rental house with the new one for my house. A big mistake! Same models and brands but ther new one with many problems besides it's 3 times louder than the old machine. Sounds like it's destroying dishes or crushing rocks. One must leave the room on the phone or crack the washer door open to stop the racket. This newer Kenmore sucks!
Without me able to get out to Sears with a load of corny's (I like to tease my old Sears employee friends) to check for fit thanks for the reply from above. Too bad as my friend was in the market for a keezer and that 6 corny capacity made him wanting to buy one ASAP. Rats and now the sales over. Wait and keep looking.

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Quick Reply