Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > ebay aquarium temp controller build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #3251
reynolds5520
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 15

duplicate

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #3252
JediSpam
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco View Post
Did you break the little tab that connects the two hot receptacles?
doh! thank you!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #3253
seedubxj
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Just passing this along. This PDF really helped me in my build. The parts #s are all good as well.

http://nordeastbrewersalliance.files...structions.pdf

Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #3254
meis1212
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco View Post
Wow. Ok...
I stopped by the hardware store to buy wire for wiring up my tripple controller. I asked the young lady helping me to cut 20' each of the stranded 14 ga wire in black, red, white, and green. I was thinking I would have plenty to do that I need with 20'... She said she didnt remember how to use the spooling/measuring machine but would just measure and cut it for me and have it up front waiting for me at checkout. I get home and take them out to put them up, and needed to recoil them into a neater coil. Turns out she cut me around 60' of each! I only got charged for 20' each though.
I bet she measured 20 meters. What a ditz.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #3255
snaps10
Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Has anyone done a wiring diagram for the single stage F controller. I'm confused by the 7 ports on it? I'm not the most knowledgeable with electrical wiring.
I was going to do one outlet always on and one controlling my kegerator.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #3256
thenewbrewer
Recipes 

my temp controller come in the mail today! woot!

alot smaller then i expected hahah but shes all good i tested it and its all sweet however i have a few queries!

i was playing with the temp controller and it worked fine i turned it off by the power on the stc1000 and left it plugged in, i then turned it back on and my temp was set at 17deg and but the temp was at 34c in my room the cooling would not switch on until the temperature cooled down and got within 10 degrees or so of the set temp, is this just the compressor delay stopping it?

here she is anyway

Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #3257
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3253 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps10 View Post
Has anyone done a wiring diagram for the single stage F controller. I'm confused by the 7 ports on it? I'm not the most knowledgeable with electrical wiring.
I was going to do one outlet always on and one controlling my kegerator.
My singe stage versions of the STC-1000 have 8 terminals, Can you show or tell us what how the terminals are labeled on yours? Here's the wiring diagram for the 8 terminal single stage unit-

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #3258
tdawg183
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by modobrew View Post
I have a question for you guys. I want to use this controller to control an upright freezer converted to a kegerator. Is there anything I need to look into as far as timers go? I believe most freezer compressors have a cycle timer. Will this controller interfere with this cycle timer? Is there any special wiring that I made need to consider? I believe I read somewhere that this controller has a built in delay to account for these cycle timers. Is this correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltin View Post
If there is a built in compressor delay on your freezer I would just leave it be. There is nothing special wiring you have to worry about. The controller does have a built in delay that you can program. Most people max out the timer to ensure the compressor doesn't cycle often.
I just want to add a little clarity to modobrew's question after talking with him. I'm not sure if his freezer has a built in delay or not but REGARDLESS, if he relies on simply plugging the freezer into the temperature controller you effectively bypass any defrosting/evaporation cycle (because this occurs while not cooling)... not to mention a light if the controller isn't in the cooling cycle when you want to open the door.

It seems to me that in order for all systems to work properly you'd want to direct wire the compressor to the temperature controller, disconnect the freezers built in compressor delay, and rely on the temperature controller's compressor delay. All of this would not be difficult as long as there was easy access to the bottom/back of the freezer.

I got stax, that's just how it is.

-birdman

Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #3259
LateraLex
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Admittedly I have not gone through every page, but is there a shopping list of items to complete the project? I haven't done any wiring in the past, but it looks easy enough if I had all the right wires. I have the controller already, and wanted to do the simple 1 plug hot 1 plug cold setup.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #3260
Lumpyyyyy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedubxj View Post
Just passing this along. This PDF really helped me in my build. The parts #s are all good as well.

http://nordeastbrewersalliance.files...structions.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateraLex View Post
Admittedly I have not gone through every page, but is there a shopping list of items to complete the project? I haven't done any wiring in the past, but it looks easy enough if I had all the right wires. I have the controller already, and wanted to do the simple 1 plug hot 1 plug cold setup.
That one should be a good starting point.

Quick Reply