Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > 15 Gallon Fermenter Table Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #191
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkct
Hey I've had my eye on this trub turd catcher. I'm not an overly cautious person but the idea of using PVC for extended periods of time makes my go HMMM.

I just ran across this and thought it would be a prefect upgrade. It requires converting your 1" thread to a tri-clamp ferrule but that in itself would be a nice upgrade. They come in .5L and 1L all the way up to 20L sizes. $65 for the .5L as of writing this, $69 for 1L.

http://www.gwkent.com/stainless-steel-bottles.html
Very Nice :-)

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #192
DrBrew809
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepalm View Post
Side by side...1st batch 5 gallon of APA bottled, little glass 10 gallon
Love the clarity of your beer. I wonder how do you do that.
My homebrews are always cloudy no matter what. I really don't mind but wife and friends do prefer clear beers. Right now i only bottle them, can't go keg yet.
Cheers to you!

Old 03-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #193
TheFightingC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Love the yeast catcher idea. I went to pick up parts at Lowe's, and the only 1-1/2" to 4" adapter I could find was DWV rated, which is not for potable water. Biggest pipe I could get that was NSF-PW (potable water rated) was 2", and I couldn't even find all the right fittings at that size. Any idea if you used the NSF-PW or the DWV? If you used DWV, does anyone know where to find similar 4" fittings that are NSF-PW rated?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #194
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFightingC View Post
Love the yeast catcher idea. I went to pick up parts at Lowe's, and the only 1-1/2" to 4" adapter I could find was DWV rated, which is not for potable water. Biggest pipe I could get that was NSF-PW (potable water rated) was 2", and I couldn't even find all the right fittings at that size. Any idea if you used the NSF-PW or the DWV? If you used DWV, does anyone know where to find similar 4" fittings that are NSF-PW rated?

If I remember correctly, I bought some of the parts from Lowes and some of the parts from Home depot! All items were potable rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Quick Reply