Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks > Site Glass ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
LesNichols
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Site Glass ?

So i have looking for a diy on a site glass in a keggle and or brew pot and havent had lot of hits that i like. i started going through the threads and seen a few but they all seem to use an old racking cane or so but i just dont trust this way. im not breaking bad if it works for you but wort is to much for me to chance. so im looking for a diy that uses something from H-Depot or lowes that is handy or a kit from the net that has every peice i need in a 1 stop shop with no quess work just drill my holes and install. i have looked on Bargin Fittings but i havent seen anything. some 1 im sure has done it diy with out a racking cane and im sure there must be a complete kit without having to buy alot of lose fitting that may or may not work when i get it home. this would be my luck to order something with not knowing what i need and get it in and still need something else. thanks Les

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Bowtiebrewery
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Bobby from NJ has a great sight kit that he sells...

http://www.brewhardware.com/

Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
slakwhere
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 9

i hear good things about bobby's sight glass, i got 3 from BargainFittings.com and have been pleased.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
Hogcrewer
Recipes 

Bobby is the way I would go. I made my own, off of his idea. But his customer support is awesome. He is a brewer selling his items as low as possible to the rest of us.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
swatman260
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought a few from Bobby about two weeks ago and received them within a few days. They were awesome, and seem to work great. I'd definitely recommend him.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1042 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Thanks guys. Keep in mind that there is an open and uncensored comment system on all my item pages and I've yet to receive a negative comment. Just sayin.

I can understand wanting to DIY. Afterall, that's exactly what my kits were when they were intended for my brewing gear and that of my local friends. Brewhardware.com is only out there because people that liked my DIY didn't want to DIT. Anyway, I've never snubbed anyone looking for advice on how to build anything either. Cheers.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
xd_haze
Recipes 

I have a very simple and cheap DIY sight glass. I used 3/8 OD polycarbonate tubing. It is unbreakable and as clear as glass. I don't have a pic of it now, and I'm out of town for the week. Basically, I installed an angle compression fitting in lower part of the brew kettle (1/4" MPT to 3/8 compression). The PC tube is installed in the compression fitting and supported at the top (through the rim) by an eyebolt. The eye bolt is bolted to the rim and the ID of the eyebolt 3/8, so the PC tube fits through.

It works well, and PC is nearly unbreakable, so no protection is required.

haze

Old 10-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
LesNichols
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default site glass

thx to all .im going to check bobby's site in a few min. all i really want is a clean safe site glass and more to a clean looking install. thx to all
wow just checked out http://www.brewhardware.com/ and this is what im talking bout clean simple 1 stop shopping!!!!! thx to all
? is this the same Bobby M that i have seen brew on youtube?and alot of other how to vids??? if not how cool is it that 2 Bobby M out there making Beer?
if i have never seen this site what else to i not know bout ??? give up them killer sites !!!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #9
timm747
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Bobby's is awesome. I installed it this past weekend and it works great!!!

I got the one with the thermometer.

Tim

Fermenting American IPA AG 7-9-11

Quick Reply