Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks > Keggle Tips and Ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Simphoto02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Keggle Tips and Ideas

I have another post showing my progress, all be it slow, on my AG stuff. I am in the process of acquiring Kegs for the hardware and would like some input on valve types and placement as well as false bottoms, sparge arms, sight glasses, yada yada yada...

Links and picks and measurements would be greatly appreciated. Especially with the false bottom/valve placement.

Thanks in advance.

HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got tired of waiting for our savior to save the economy, so I jumped into all grain, What the hell!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 29

False bottoms from Jaybird on this site, see classified section. Bargainfittings.com for weldless. Put valve as low as you can get it on the keggle (just above the welded seam) with a dip tube almost touching bottom. I used a stainless tube with a Parker Stainless compression fitting which you can source local if you have an industrial liquid handling company nearby or well stocked plumbing supply house. You can also get all of those items through Amazon.com / Small parts. Many use copper as it's easier and cheaper to get the parts but I wanted to stay with all SS.

Amazon.com: Parker 8MSC8N-316-01 316 Stainless Steel A-LOK Male Connector 1/2" Compression Fitting 1/2" M NPT: Industrial & Scientific

Amazon.com: Stainless Steel 304 Annealed Round Tubing 1/2" OD x .035" Wall ASTM A-269 12" Length: Industrial & Scientific

Old 07-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
Simphoto02
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

These links are great. I do have a Parker store here and I will start looking into stuff there. But I would love some pics of what and how you used it.

Thanks

HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got tired of waiting for our savior to save the economy, so I jumped into all grain, What the hell!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
HellenicHomeBrewer
Recipes 

I am in the same boat and am looking for info as to the best places for placement of valves and thermometers. Anyone?

Primary #1: Vanilla Cream Stout
Primary #2: All Citra IIPA
Secondary #1:
Secondary #2:
Bottled: Victory HopDevil Clone, Fat Tire Clone, Abbey Leffe Blonde
Keg: TBA

Quick Reply