Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks > help with building a mini mlt

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
bell0347
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default help with building a mini mlt

I bought thishttp://www.igloo-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=IGL+ICECUBE+14&HDR=iglontheg o, for 15 bucks at target, then made a little square manifold that sits in the bottom out of 1/2" cpvc with slits cut in bottom. What is the best way on the cheap to connect this to the outside of the cooler. I know I have to drill a hole, there is no spigot, can I just drill it a little small and cram some vinyl tubing in there. Would that seal well. Home Depot has gazillions of cpvc doo dads and valves and what not as well as brass and copper. Just don't know the best way to go to prevent leaks without spending a crap load of money. This is to be used for mini mashes and also was wondering how many pounds of grain do you think I could fit in there. Potentially enough to do a small or medium AG batch should I grow a wild hair??

B.Bell

"Hell, it aint rocket surgery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Beer should never enter a septic system until it's had a trip through the kidneys first. :D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
bell0347
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Never mind, I think I pretty much got it figured out. Had a little trouble finding the right sized stainless and neoprene washer but got it done right I think. Had to resort to ordering couple of items that the local hardware stores have tons of but just not the right size. That always happens. This ones a hair too small, this one just too big, you ask someone and get "oh yeah, we used to have that but no one bought it so they quit sending it to us". Go figure

B.Bell

"Hell, it aint rocket surgery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Beer should never enter a septic system until it's had a trip through the kidneys first. :D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply