fire proof spigot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cybrmarc

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,
Excuse my non-brewing question - this is the closest place I could find that handles this sort of equipment:
I want to build a water-boiling pot (for sanitizing) that will be used exclusively over a campfire. I want to use either a closable spigot or a flame proof hose to make dispensing the water easier.
Now, I've discovered "weldless spigots" but I don't know if that's what I'm looking for. Seems like the silicone might be something that can't get too hot.
Any ideas?
thanks,
Marcus
Teaching Drum Outdoor School

Don't forget that the water will keep the temperature down. so it won't get as hot as you'd think. It's all depends how controllable the flames are

Here is another method used for heating campfire water, a copper tube coil that went in the fire and heated the water in the pot by thermosiphon. One could adapt an immersion chiller style coil to connect the bottom inlet to the lowest straight side of the container and the outlet to the midpoint of the container. This was handy as the pot was out of the fire and as long as the water was above the upper coil connection the water was heated and circulated when there was a fire.

Back