Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks > Detailed weldless bulkhead instructions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
kman42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Detailed weldless bulkhead instructions?

I used some great DETAILED instructions from this site for building my MLT from a Gott cooler. They included a parts list and pictures. I'm now trying to add a weldless bulkhead and dip tube to my aluminum boil pot and am looking for some similarly detailed instructions. I've found lots of threads concerning this topic but haven't hit on the motherload thread with everything I need.

Is there such a thread? Am I better off going with a Bargain Fittings rig?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Cyan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
I used some great DETAILED instructions from this site for building my MLT from a Gott cooler. They included a parts list and pictures. I'm now trying to add a weldless bulkhead and dip tube to my aluminum boil pot and am looking for some similarly detailed instructions. I've found lots of threads concerning this topic but haven't hit on the motherload thread with everything I need.

Is there such a thread? Am I better off going with a Bargain Fittings rig?

Thanks!
I also wish someone would've responded a little quicker on this, but it's probably too late, huh? I would go with the bargain fittings bulkhead - that's what I'll be doing... just to KISS

Old 02-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 38 Posts

Its pretty hard to price the individual parts less than you can get them at Bargain Fittings IMO. You have to buy things like the silicone O rings in bulk.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
EvilGnome6
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
I used some great DETAILED instructions from this site for building my MLT from a Gott cooler. They included a parts list and pictures. I'm now trying to add a weldless bulkhead and dip tube to my aluminum boil pot and am looking for some similarly detailed instructions. I've found lots of threads concerning this topic but haven't hit on the motherload thread with everything I need. !
It's the exact same parts except you use a 3/8" close nipple instead of the 1 1/2" nipple. Then on the inside of the kettle, you can install 3/8" brass elbow instead of the hose barb. Alternately, you could work something up using a compression fitting or an adapter with a short length of copper tubing.

Quick Reply