I just picked up some copper pipe to build the manifold for my cooler mash tun. The only stuff I could find had product info printed in some sort of very permanent looking blue ink all the way down the pipe. Is this safe to use at higher temperatures when in contact with the mash? I just don't want something toxic to leech into the wort...
I am not sure what the ink is made of, ( it probably won't hurt you), but just remove it. You can sand it off pretty easy, or you could try soaking it in oxyclean, or PBW. I am sure it will come off that way too.
FERMENTING: BCS Black Forest Stout, Two Hearted Ale Clone
ON TAP: Dry Irish Stout, Epic Pale Ale Clone, BM's Cent Blonde, Blackfoot River IPA, Racer 5 IPA clone with homegrown hops, Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Threee Floyd's Gumball head clone, Moose Drools Clone
ON DECK: Saison, Pliny the Elder clone