Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kettles, Mash Tuns, & Hot Liquor Tanks > Cheap Ebay seller.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
tulsabrewdaddy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAIndigo View Post
Heres another vendor from Ca. with inexpensive pots
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-50-QT-Qu...item2ebc63b8b7
I got 2 60 qt and a 80 qt from here and I love them. $306 shipped

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Now I am really pissed. Icydeals is screwing up bad. Sent me a tracking number stating they shipped on the 19th, USPS just confirmed electronic shipping notice from them on the 21st. Still no merchandise shipped. Whooo Boy, wait till they see my feedback on this. Gonna blast em with a zero stars for jerking me around. So I say stay away from "Icydeals", and apologize to anyone I may have influenced to buy from them.
Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
brewtime
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckett
Now I am really pissed. Icydeals is screwing up bad. Sent me a tracking number stating they shipped on the 19th, USPS just confirmed electronic shipping notice from them on the 21st. Still no merchandise shipped. Whooo Boy, wait till they see my feedback on this. Gonna blast em with a zero stars for jerking me around. So I say stay away from "Icydeals", and apologize to anyone I may have influenced to buy from them.
Bob
You can't go by the USPS tracking I have an order from an online seller where the dates are all over the place.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
dford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Did you get free shipping ? Most of the big sellers on ebay don't rush out a shipment unless you buy the one or two day shipment. If you got a good deal and get your item in a reasonable amount of time , I wouldn't be in a hurry to blast a seller with a 0 stars.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #15
krazydave
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yeah, I definitely agree. USPS tracking is nearly worthless. Dates are always all over the place and it doesn't seem to update until you've actually received your package. Have some patience and give em a chance before you flame the seller too hard.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Thanks guys, I buy quite a bit on Ebay and usually get about a one week turn around to Fla from Cali. I have used USPS and UPS mostly and know the Postal service is notorious for not updating. The reason I am pissed is because it was over a week from order to electronic data being sent to the postal service. There still is no confirmation they have the package. There ad states clearly that they ship within 3 days of a paid order. I used instant payment so it should have shipped no later than the 17th. The ad also said UPS and now it is USPS which is traditionally much slower over that distance. My issue therefore is failing to adhere to their own terms of service and lackadaisical response when asked about the status of the package. I can live with whatever time it takes, but dont tell me one thing, make me agree to it, then do something completely different. That's my gripe with the whole deal.
Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
mccabedoug
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow View Post
You can get this for $10.00 more, and it has two fittings already installed on it.

10 Gal Aluminum Brew Kettle
Link doesn't show anything, unfortunately.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
RazzBarlow
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccabedoug View Post
Link doesn't show anything, unfortunately.
Wow! It would appear that since my posting of that link, they have discontinued that kettle. Anyway, it's www.spikebrewing.com and they're a sponsor of HBT, worthy of our support.

Primary:
Secondary:
Serving: Skeeter Pee
Nut Brown Ale

Old 03-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
brewtime
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckett View Post
Thanks guys, I buy quite a bit on Ebay and usually get about a one week turn around to Fla from Cali. I have used USPS and UPS mostly and know the Postal service is notorious for not updating. The reason I am pissed is because it was over a week from order to electronic data being sent to the postal service. There still is no confirmation they have the package. There ad states clearly that they ship within 3 days of a paid order. I used instant payment so it should have shipped no later than the 17th. The ad also said UPS and now it is USPS which is traditionally much slower over that distance. My issue therefore is failing to adhere to their own terms of service and lackadaisical response when asked about the status of the package. I can live with whatever time it takes, but dont tell me one thing, make me agree to it, then do something completely different. That's my gripe with the whole deal.
Bob
File a claim with PayPal and get your money back.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
Fordzilla
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I received mine today. This thing is huge! I cant wait to use it for my first try at BIAB! Its a little thinner than i hoped, but it will do just fine.

I still cant believe how much of a steal this thing was. Theyve jacked the price up go $60 now, so I feel very lucky to have jumped on this.

Quick Reply