Originally Posted by Toot
What was the total bill?
Well, these are Canadian dollars, but here goes:
- Rubbermaid 10 gallon round beverage cooler - $34.99
- all stainless steel ¼ hose clamps x 2 - $0.66/ea
- brass square head plug (Watts A-737) - $1.09
- ½ x 12 (or larger) braided stainless steel supply hose - $4.99
- 3/8 female barb adapter (Watts A-298) - $1.72
- 5/8 stainless steel fender washer - $0.39
- 3/8 MIP x 1-1/2 brass nipple (Watts A-786) - $1.49
- 5/8 O-ring (preferably heat resistant, if you can find one) - $0.59
- 3 x 5/8 fender washers - $.29/ea
- 3/8 threaded ball valve - $6.89
- 3/8 male barb adapter (Watts A-294) - $1.89
Total cost: $56.23 CDN, which is about $8 USD.
No seriously, it would be about $46 US.
If you buy something similar from places like morebeer.com, it would be over $100. It took all of about 5 minutes to assemble everything (although I did do a few trips to Home Depot to find the parts to make it all work).