Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew2you

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making a brew kettle out of an old keg, like the ones on here. I was wondering where everyone gets them and about how much they cost. Are these just rented kegs that you forfeit the deposit on? Thanks for any help.

OK Thanks. It might be easier and quicker to get one of these that are ready to go. Thanks for the website!

that wouldn't be stealing a keg. you are putting a deposit on the keg for the value of it. i bet if you went to a liquor store and asked to buy and empty keg for the deposit price they would sell you one.

that wouldn't be stealing a keg. you are putting a deposit on the keg for the value of it.
The deposit price is not the value of a keg. It has been debated and discussed many times before.

What, you can't have the house you rent if you put down a rental deposit?

i went to a local distributor and they sometimes get back "damaged" kegs. i picked up one for free because i'm friends with the guys that manage the place. other than a few minor dings and a broken coupler thingy (which i don't need) it was perfect. polished it up the other day and just got the new weldless fitting installed tonight. ready to brew.

didn't intend to start and argument or suggest he just walk away with the keg. but he could ask a store to buy the empty keg.

I appreciate all the discussion. I wasn't asking about stealing one, I actually thought the deposit was the value of the keg. Makes sence that its not though. I rented a car last week and put up a $500 deposit. I'm sure the car was worth way more than that. Thanks again for the discussion I'll check around and see what I can come up with.

Back