Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Other > Need help diagnosing wiring

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
joelrapp
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Need help diagnosing wiring

I have 2 issues I am trying to solve for.

First off...I am using an STC-1000 PID controller wired into a 25A SSR relay I have full 120V power coming in but I have nothing coming out of the SSR, the red LED is illuminated so I know that the PID is telling it to close. I currently have it wired with the hot coming from the PID into #3 and a neutral into #4. I have my hot coming off my terminal block into #2 and out to the heating element on #1. #1 is where I am getting no power.

Why??

Second question. I have a 3 wire RTD that I am trying to wire into the STC-1000. My goal with the RTD is this from The Electric Brewery. I get the double 'EE' alarm when I plug in any 2 or all 3 wires.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
microbusbrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I think you have a couple things wrong here. First off, the STC-1000 isn't a PID, it's just a simple temperature switch. There's a bit more to a PID. Also, I believe it will only work with a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) thermistors; it won't work with an RTD. As for the relay, is it AC? If I'm reading the specs on your SSR correctly, it requires DC to trigger the switch; assuming you have the 120v AC model of the STC-1000, that might explain why it's not working.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply