Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Other > Dollar Bottle Sanitizer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
TaylorInOK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Dollar Bottle Sanitizer

I searched around and couldnt find anyone else doing this so here goes...

I have horrible allergies so i always have nasal sprayers on hand. Out of curiosity i grabbed an unopened one that had expired, cleaned the heck out of it, sanitized it and filled it with Starsan.

Works like a charm. Instead of spraying a ton of sanitizer in, it sprays a fine mist, coating the inside of the entire bottle.

To test it i used a 1 Liter PET bottle. Made sure there were no spots and it was clean as a whistle. 1 spray and it was coated. 2 sprays and it was dripping down the walls of the bottle. 3rd spray is for the clean-freak in me.

I couldnt find any missed spots even in the bottom of the bottle which, when inverted, is a good 9 to 10 inches from the nozzle. 1 spray and a 12oz is more than coated.

Another twenty bucks saved. I checked around at pharmacy and department stores and you can get el'cheapo nasal sprayers for about a buck.

botsan.jpg  

Reason: Figured i'd upload a picture.
jperry Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thats pretty cool! I would imagine you have to fill up the little bottle quite a bit though. Will that cap fit on a larger bottle? Peroxide maybe?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
TaylorInOK
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I get about a 75 sprays out of it before refill since its misting. The spraybottle looks alot smaller in the picture than it really is... with that said, its still pretty small.

I don't have any other bottles it will fit on but it's just a screwtop. It also has a very short tube but that can be changed.

I'm actually looking around for a handsoap bottle that i can cut the spout off and see if that works. Being soap though, i'd just check the validity of the idea and grab an unused handpump bottle from the store before i use it on bottles.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
treefetty
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Check out this one i just made. Kind of excited about it. Here's the link

Quick Reply