HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - Enter Now

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Other > DIY Projects on TV

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
YeastFarmerBeemer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default DIY Projects on TV

I am watching a show on History channel called Apocalypse PA.
They are building a still and making gunpowder and bullets. They built a pretty good looking still, then used an old corn sheller to shell the corn and made a grain grinder from a push lawnmower - drilled a large (2 inch ish) hole in the deck to drop corn onto the blade with a sheet of plywood with holes in it underneath. It apparently made cornmeal or cornflour (they said you could make cupcakes with it). They brewed this with water and sugar (no malt (waste of corn ?))and said that during the boil the corn would be converted to sugar????? they also said that if the temp during boil was to high they would make formaldehyde (which would blind you) - WTF ????
BTW They did make alcohol that passed an old fashioned "proof" test, gunpowder and a homemade shotgun that used the homemade gunpowder (also successfully used the gunpowder in a black powder revolver)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #2
kklowell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'll have to pay attention so I see it when they play it again. Sounds pretty interesting.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply