We did this for my wedding just a few months ago!
The hops weren't fully "ready" for beer use at the end of June, so they were somewhat less fragile. I picked them the day of, choosing flowers with the longest possible stems. Carefully, with string, we bound them tightly to the lavender which was used in the center.
Here is a picture of one of the testers we made, I don't have pictures of the end product on this computer, unfortunately.
Edit: Lupulin was visible on the cones, but was not a problem with the clothing. We also brought some extra, as we did manage to break a few cones in the process. The assembly occurred just a few hours ahead of time... they dried out pretty quickly in the Kansas heat.