Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Other > DIY Beer Bottle Drying Rack (lots of pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
IPAddict
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Rack in use

With bottles:

Side shot:

You can see it's low profile. I can just set this aside against a wall and it's out of the way.

More shots, different angles:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
IPAddict
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Hindsight

After making this, I took note of a few things I messed up on or would do differently.

1. I should have tested the first hole with other bottles. I used a Lagunitas bottle to test it out. That one fit great. The Alaskan one was a little thicker around the neck and didn't want to stand up straight. If I made the holes just a bit bigger to accomodate that, I think it it would fix that. I think I also only looked at the Lagunitas bottle when I was eyeballing the size of the paddle bit against the neck. I should have check others then too. It worked out ok though; it just means not all the bottles like to stand straight.

2. I should have used the same bottles for tracing all the bottoms. Again, it worked out alright, but the bottles are different, and they have different size bases.

3. I should have used a hole saw instead of the paddle bit. It would make a lot less of a mess. The paddle bit was fine for eying the size of the hole, but when cutting out the hole, the hole saw would have been better.

4. I should have used the C-clamps off the bat when making the holes. I knew there would be a good amount of vibration, I was just lazy.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #13
IPAddict
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well it's all done. If anyone read it I hope you enjoyed it.

I'm debating on weather I should put a stain on it or not just to make it look a little nicer.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #14
TriangleIL
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Very nice, I've been thinking about buying a tree, but now I think I will make something similiar to this instead. Prost!

Bottled: Empty
Kegged: Fox River Trail IPA, Pink Elephant Delerium Clone, Apricot Belgian Wit IV, So Kolsch, Belgian Slut IPA
On Deck: Apricot Belgian Wit V, Blueberry Sherry, Marzen, Noble Pils, Munich Helles

My Ditches Build

Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
mjmac85
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Have wanted to do the samething but when bottling you need about 40ish bottles dried. Was thinking of doing a tiered one at about 20 total.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
luhrks
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPAddict View Post
After making this, I took note of a few things I messed up on or would do differently....

2. I should have used the same bottles for tracing all the bottoms. Again, it worked out alright, but the bottles are different, and they have different size bases..
All bottles are different, no need to blame yourself, or discount yor effort. In the future pick the shortest, fat one, and the tallest lean one and average the two -much like life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPAddict View Post
3. I should have used a hole saw instead of the paddle bit. It would make a lot less of a mess. The paddle bit was fine for eying the size of the hole, but when cutting out the hole, the hole saw would have been better.

4. I should have used the C-clamps off the bat when making the holes. I knew there would be a good amount of vibration, I was just lazy.
*nod to both* next time then.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
CannibalAJ
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Awesome! I was going to build/buy a tree but now i'm not! I have plenty of scrap wood. Good thing my pops lives around the corner and I have keys to his work shop He used to hate it when I used and borrowed his tools but now I pay him off with home brew

Quick Reply