Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Other > 2-Gallon Bottling Bucket

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
dkevinb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default 2-Gallon Bottling Bucket

OK, so it's not the most complex build in the world, but I figured I was doing it anyway, why not take pictures?

I wanted a 2-gallon bottling bucket for small batches. I decided to use a 2-gallon paint bucket from Home Depot.

I wanted to use the same spigot and 3/4" elbow/dip tube from my big bottling bucket. You'll need a 1" hole saw, a ruler to measure the holes, a Sharpie to mark the new hole, and something sharp to punch the starting hole.

Remember to measure the hole from the inside of the old bucket so the dip tube hits the same level.

Ditto marking the hole location on the new bucket.

Use your sharp implement to make a starter hole. The buckets are translucent, so you can see the mark from the outside.

Hole drilled and cleaned.

And it fits.

Fermenting: Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale, Lazy Lab Blonde
Bottled: Rainy Day Irish Red, Huli Pau APA, Moonset APA, Jackalope Amber, American Rye, Ordinary Bitter, Honey Cider, Simple Cider, Mandarin Orange Mead
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply