Under the sink wort chiller attachment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylekestell

Reaction score
I was sick of taking my faucet apart every time I wanted to attach the wort chiller, so I came up with this. Works great, and as an added bonus, I can now use my faucet while I'm chilling.

Should be pretty self explanatory what's going on here.

Just thought I'd share!

orSJY.jpg

Thanks! Here it is hooked up to the new plate chiller. Doing a "dry" run before the next brew day.

Forgive the garbage can, it's temporary :)

cGhb5.jpg

I did the same thing, but soldered a tee (with a valve) right into the 1/2" pipe... cools way faster than the faucet ever did!

I have a Delta "pull out" faucet, with no threads to attach a chiller to. I came up with the exact same solution. In fact, mine looks identical to yours, except I'm using a plastic ball valve from Home Depot.

Works like a charm.

Thanks for the feedback, friends. Indeed. Quick connects are next on my list. And I can confirm that I get a lot more water pressure by tapping in to the supply directly vs. at the faucet.

I was sick of taking my faucet apart every time I wanted to attach the wort chiller, so I came up with this. Works great, and as an added bonus, I can now use my faucet while I'm chilling.

Should be pretty self explanatory what's going on here.

Just thought I'd share!

orSJY.jpg

Is there anyway you can remember a part list? I am an OK do-it-yourselfer, but only with good guidance.

I just soldered a t under my sink and put in an outside spigot. This is great for people who don't want to solder though.

Back