Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Chillers and Stir Plates > Extending a Wort Chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Liquidicem
I love lamp!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Extending a Wort Chiller

I have a 25' 3/8" immersion chiller. I was planning on adding about 12" of length the spots where the tubing clamps onto the chiller to get those connections out of the pot in case they leak. Then if they leak it would just be on the ground.

So, I went to Home Depot yesterday and picked up 20' of 3/8" tubing and some 3/8" unions. I got home and pulled out all my soldering equipment, took the unions out of the bag, and realized that they are too big for the tubing. They must be for 3/8" pipe, not tubing.

Does anyone know if the sell unions for tubing, or do I have to get creative? I'm also going to try to work the remaining copper tubing, ~18', into the chiller once I figure out how to do it.

Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1056 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 28

You need 1/4" fittings. Fittings go by the tubing's inside diameter.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply