Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Yet Another Brewstand build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
neumann
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Yet Another Brewstand build

I almost hate to post another thread with brew stand build pics but I'm just so dang excited...
It's a single tier based loosely off bobbym's design. 1.5"x16ga. square tube. Chugger Pump. Propane burners from AgriSupply. Fittings from Bargain Fittings. Sightglasses and thermometers from BobbyM. My brother-in-law has been helping me weld it up. We got the last of the frame put together this weekend. Hoping to get the casters, pump and gas plumbing mounted this weekend. Once that happens a wet test will follow. I should be able to brew by the end of September.

If anyone has any questions about my process, I'll do my best answer them. I didn't do much photo documentation partly because it has been done so well already but mostly because I'm lazy.

Reason: It's 1.5" tube not 1"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Deuce
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nicely done!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1353 Times on 1095 Posts

+1 That's looking good already!

Don't be bashful and hold back on the pics of your build. There are at least a few of us out here in the peanut gallery that aspire to building a brew sculpture some day and the more ideas I (we) see the better!

I have probably one of the more precariously arranged setups you'd ever want to see (and not get too close to!) and a single-tier sculpture is definitely where I want to end up.

So post at will! And thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
neumann
Recipes 

All right guys. It's basically done. All the gas and mounting plate for the pump and the casters. I'm really happy with it. I'm devising a method for attaching a windscreen but it still have to leak test the gas and the fittings on my keggles but I should be brewing on it soon. I've got some High temp silver spray paint that is gonna get applied when I get the time. As always, if you have any questions about my process, just ask. I don't have very good documentation.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
garrettbuckeye
Recipes 

Everything looks great! I am about to upgrade the burners on my stand, and wonder if you might be able to help me. Are yours low pressure? How many psi is the regulator? Are you adjusting the flame with tbe yellow valves and shutters only?

Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 AM   #6
neumann
Recipes 

The burners are low pressure from Agrisupply (link here) (BTW, Agrisupply has the best price on most burners. If you haven't made your purchase yet, compare them with your other sources). The regulator is off my previous jet burner (link here). I don't know how many PSI it is, I think it actually might be a high pressure regulator but I haven't noticed any issues yet. Very coarse adjustment is possible with the yellow ball valves (think High, low, and off and nothing really in between). If I need adjustment beyond what the ball valves provide, I will open them up all the way and adjust the regulator up or down.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
garrettbuckeye
Recipes 

Thanks for the info. I do like the 6" burners. I will be buying a new reg/hose, and will have to do some more research on the best option.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
neumann
Recipes 

If the 6" burners aren't your speed, their price on banjo burners is pretty good too. I choose those because they were inexpensive and I had seen them in action.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #9
Tomtanner
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I want to do this but have zero experience with most of the necessary equipment. This is great to read about. Is it possible to build something like this without welding? That's definitely something out of my reach for now. Actually can you guys recommend a good starting point or article on how and where to start with a build like this?

Old 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
neumann
Recipes 

You should check out this. He built his stand out of that galvanized slotted angle. I considered that, but it would have been a bit more expensive and the stand looks a bit flimsy. Everyone who has built one says it's more than strong enough but I just didn't like the look of it. You might also look around and see if a local machine shop will weld it up for a reasonable price.

Quick Reply