Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Welding done for trade

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Welderbydaybrewerbynight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Welding done for trade

I am a welder specializing in stainless steel and work in food grade facilities i.e. ice cream plants, Dannon, Whip cream plants, pharmaceutical industry, and etc. and have 11 different welding certifications and am a CWI. I do a lot of dairy tube work but can weld anything from copper to high strength steel and also am a welding teacher at the local union hall. I have been welding my whole adult life and have access to a very large shop.

I would be willing to trade my skills for certain items, I’m looking for half barrel kegs, carboys, 5gal ball locks and plate chillers and would consider any job, or trade brought to my attention. I’m in the northern Indiana area.

As an example of what I can do look at my thread MY conical beer fermentor in the diy area.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1061 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welderbydaybrewerbynight View Post
and have 11 different welding certifications and am a CWI. I do a lot of dairy tube work but can weld anything from copper to high strength steel...
I stayed at a Holiday Inn once.
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Smashing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I've got strong white teeth -

Old 11-15-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
Welderbydaybrewerbynight
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
I stayed at a Holiday Inn once.
lol Wasn't trying to sound arrogant or brag on my self, just wanted to let people know I wasn't some joe jack with a hf 110 welder in his garage and now he thinks he is a welder. I see a lot of posts for people looking for a welder to weld up there brew stands and such and thought I could help. There are a lot of people here a lot smarter than me thats for sure all I know how to do is make metal stick together, the guys that build, program and wire there own brewery control panels here are the ones that impress me.

Still that was pretty dam funny when I read it.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
ETCS
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Would you be willing to travel to CT, there is a couple of free beers in it for you!!!

Brewers make wort, Yeast make beer!!!!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 AM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1061 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welderbydaybrewerbynight View Post
lol Wasn't trying to sound arrogant or brag on my self, just wanted to let people know I wasn't some joe jack with a hf 110 welder in his garage and now he thinks he is a welder. I see a lot of posts for people looking for a welder to weld up there brew stands and such and thought I could help. There are a lot of people here a lot smarter than me thats for sure all I know how to do is make metal stick together, the guys that build, program and wire there own brewery control panels here are the ones that impress me.

Still that was pretty dam funny when I read it.
I was just messing with you. I know it's tough to find that fine line between assumed incompetence and oversold resume.
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 11-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #7
OneHoppyGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 52

"some joe jack with a hf 110 welder in his garage"
You call?

Brewright. All Rights Reserved. We reserve the right to brew and to help you brew. To protect the brew and defend the brew. To make the brew and drink the brew.

BrewSteel.com
BrewSteel on Facebook

Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Welder: I don't really have anything to barter with, as I use all of my brewing equipment and I am in the medical profession. However, what would you charge to weld.....say ten 1/2" SS bulkheads into 3 SS Sanke Kegs? I live in SE Michigan and my parents live right on the Michigan, Ohio, & Indiana borders. I go down to visit them periodically and it's not terribly far from where you are at. I may be willing to make the journey if you can guarantee nice sanitary welds for a reasonable price......what say you?

Bobby: I know I just sent you an email with questions at brewhardware.com, but I have another question. Would purchasing your welded bulkheads be better than your weldless in the grand scheme of things? I know there is a lot of debate about welded vs weldless and you sell both.....just wondering what you would do. Thanks man!

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Quick Reply