Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Welding a brew stand via the oxy-acetylene method?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #11
Inodoro_Pereyra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hmmm...Been unemployed for almost 1 1/2 year. Sure know how "interesting" things can get...
Ended up having to sell my car, and a week ago, my beloved tool set.

Good luck with the job hunt. And don't forget to post pics of your build...

A pessimist is a well informed optimist.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #12
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 480 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Hoping that I get the job that I had the two phone interviews for this week... Commute would be <3 miles each way... I'll be looking to move within 3-4 months to someplace where I can both weld, and brew, without worrying about an asshole landlord raising a stink on either. I don't even have my torch here. I'd love to be able to bring my compressor to my next place (got a nice vertical one, either 20 or 25 gallon capacity). With that, I'll have air tool options available to me too.

I don't think anyone else would want my truck at this point. Plus, I need it for interviews and such.

I fully intend to take pictures of the entire process when I build the stand/rig... Thinking that I'll need to build in provisions to add to it later. Maybe work out a way to have the section the cooler sits on pivot to make dumping the grain easier. Although, I do have a good size aluminum scoop I can use. Might just get a larger one (they make one size larger I believe, the one I have is stamped '58oz') for dumping wet grains from the cooler/MT... Might add some additional mount plates to the stand too, or just be sure to leave enough space around the vertical posts to be able to weld mount plates there. Or maybe just be able to drill and tap them... So many possibilities when you make your own stand... Just need that stinkin JOB!!

Just out of curiosity, what field are you in down in FL? Last year, I had a call, or two, about some jobs down there. Really wasn't ready to go back down to FL at that point. Still not, unless they want to pay me an insane amount of money.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 03-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #13
Inodoro_Pereyra
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hopefully, it'll all work out fine. I'm lucky to have a landlady that's very understanding of my "quirks"... A few years ago, when I decided to start making fruit wine, I initially did 3 batches at once, so I had 15 Lbs of fruit, all rotting away inside my very small bedroom (I live in a boarding house), at the same time. The stench could be smelled from outside the front door.

The good part is, now, you have all the time to properly engineer your rig, exactly the way you like it. Take your time, and think over every little detail. That way, once you have your job and your new place, you can get head on to the build, confident that you have the design that best fits your needs.

I'm an electronics technician by trade, but, since I'm not certified here (I'm DIN certified), nobody will hire me. Either way, most of the times I manage to get jobs where I can use either my electronics/electricity knowledge, or my mechanics (lifelong hobby) knowledge.
Either way, I'm not looking to stay in Florida. Next Monday I'm going to Charlotte, NC, to get my drivers license and to scout the place. Hopefully, within a couple of months, I will get some money from an accident I had 2 weeks ago (a car hit me from behind, when I was crossing the street), and will be able to move there for good. One thing is sure about Miami: it's DEAD, and I don't think it's gonna get any better in the next few years.

A pessimist is a well informed optimist.

Quick Reply