Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > STC Valves and Baso pilot valve ?'s

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
Brewpatrol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default STC Valves and Baso pilot valve ?'s

After doing some searching in the forums I've run into problems with dead or expired links to some of the part #'s or ebay listings from the past. I'm going with the 1/2" STC valves for my brutus but am clueless as to the voltage I need. The ebay store (Fremont Ind. Supply) requires I specify the voltage but I don't know what I need. (they offer this.....Available in 12VDC, 24VDC, 24/60 AC, 120/60 AC or 240/60 AC voltages)

I'm also probably going with the Baso pilot valve for safety reasons and I think what I need is the H15 series with 1/2" inlets/outlets. Does anyone have this or know what the part number is for 1/2". Its easy to go to Baso's website but I'm looking for someone with knowledge in these parts to say #12345 is what you need. If anyone is using a honeywell valve please chime in as I haven't made a final decision on what to go with. These are the last parts I need to complete my brutus other than a control box and switches.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Brewpatrol
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Forgot to mention that Bargainfittings is awesome! I was lucky to score 3 really nice kegs over the past couple weeks and placed a huge order for all parts needed to go weldless yesterday. $300 plus in parts and they already shipped some time today. I wish Cole-Parmer and Caster City could take note on what service is. I ordered parts 2 days ago and haven't even received tracking numbers. Everything I ordered was in stock too.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:06 AM   #3
kladue
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

For what you would spend with both solenoid valve and Baso pilot you could get a standing pilot furnace valve for less, with fewer parts and nicer looking build in the end. You would need a 120-24VAC transformer for valve power and what ever temperature controller that has relay contacts for an output that you want. Standing pilot valves are for low pressure applications but hurricane/banjo burners work well at natural gas and low pressure propane pressures also. Search a bit and you should find a thread or two with all the parts listed, if not PM me and I will assist with the parts quest.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
Brewpatrol
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladue View Post
For what you would spend with both solenoid valve and Baso pilot you could get a standing pilot furnace valve for less, with fewer parts and nicer looking build in the end. You would need a 120-24VAC transformer for valve power and what ever temperature controller that has relay contacts for an output that you want. Standing pilot valves are for low pressure applications but hurricane/banjo burners work well at natural gas and low pressure propane pressures also. Search a bit and you should find a thread or two with all the parts listed, if not PM me and I will assist with the parts quest.
Thanks for responding. I have the Love controls that Lonnie uses on order. I was going to go the 1/2" STC Valve route with an "always lit" pilot light off the side route but am leaning towards more safety unless the majority think it will be fine. I spent hours today searching and frankly am tired and burned out from searching. Poured a brew just before I typed this post. Way too many routes I could go. I like what MNBugeater did but I want 1/2". That is what i'm looking to do.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
MSUConrad
Recipes 

I have two pilot lights that I'm selling. I bought them for my Brutus clone, but am not quite skilled enough to pipe them in! They are your normal standing pilot light from a gas fireplace. I can send pics if you like.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
kladue
Recipes 

Here is a link to a Honeywell standing pilot gas valve on Ebay http://compare.ebay.com/like/3602597...PriceItemTypes, the same item can be found at PEX supply for $10 more. For around $20 more than the solenoid valve you can purchase the furnace valve. You still need a Q314 pilot burner http://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-Q...rner-4113000-p and thermocouple http://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-Q...uple-1721000-p but that is about $20 combined.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
MSUConrad
Recipes 

I have mine listed for $50 each and it includes the pilot valce, pilot burner, regulator, and various fittings. PM me if you are interested and we can work out a fair price with shipping.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
gbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Pexsupply.com is a great source. I have been pleased with my orders and they have been under everyone elses price. "New in a box".

Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #9
Brewpatrol
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for all the links to the parts that would be needed. In case I go the STC 1/2" valve route do you know what voltage I would need if I were to go the basic route like Lonnie has with a valve and constant pilot flame? In my original post I posted the options.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
kladue
Recipes 

Go with 24VAC so you can retrofit direct spark ignition modules without changing the solenoid valve out, jast add 1/8-1/4" solenoid for pilot fuel. Down side is a 120/24VAC transformer is needed but that would also be a component used for electric ignition if you went that way later.

Quick Reply