Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Simple Brewing est. 2009 : The build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #131
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2812 Times on 2757 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
Brewing for the first time right now. We are doing an American wheat 50% 2-row / 50% wheat / Chinook and Cascade / Nottingham on a cake

Mash has been awesome. The HERMS is sweet!!!
Very pumped to see this post. I am going with 2 seperate (as of yesterday) Brutus 20's. A 10G for the garage and a 3.5 gallon replica of jkarps for indoors for when it's too cold or hot or I want to take it somewhere and can only rely on a 20A breaker. The one thing that continues to nag in my mind as I'm slowly building to integrate pumps, is draining the mash tun. I've had one stuck sparge in my life and and scared of another This 50% wheat bill kind of eases my mind. Also, very cool to see this system in the real world vs Sketchup drawings. It's always fun to see a project go from brainstorm to production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio-Ed View Post
When I first saw this pic, it looked like that burner was ON.
haha Same here

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #132
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Yeah, it was fun to get it built. All that is left is to get a second rubber keg for the mash tun. Then it will actually be done.

My buddy kind of fell off the map. This is not my brewery, but he hasn't brewed on it in almost a year (since that first beer). He said he wants it to be at my house so we can brew together but then never wants to brew??? Anyway, as payment for storage, I told him I am going to brew on it whenever I want... so I have brewed about 10 batches on it.

I am really close to being done with the 2P-Twent-E (I just need to build the kettles) then I will be rolling with two of these!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #133
lsand
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been lurking long enough! Figured I would post a pic of my finished Simple Brewery Clone. I decided to go with a RIMS setup and BCS-460 control. I have 5500 watts in the BK/HLT, which is a little overkill. Thanks for the inspiration Boerderij Kabouter!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #134
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Awesome!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #135
browncoat
Recipes 

Could you use a couple of aluminium or ss pots instead of the 1/4 bbls? I'm starting to look into an electric setup and this looks almost ideal.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #136
iijakii
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 153

First off - great build.

Could you tell me the name of the toolbox? I'm trying to select an enclosure for my upcoming build, and since I want it to be semi-portable I was wanting to do a toolbox instead of a proper electrical enclosure. The hip-top boxes look fantastic, but I can't seem to find one in black. I went to Home Depot, Lowes, Sears and Harbor Freight last night and none of them even had a hip-top toolbox... they're all damn plastic now. Amazon has this one Amazon.com: HOMAK RD00119200 19-Inch Steel Hip-Roof Tool Box Red: Home Improvement - but I was really wanting to do black. Guess I could always paint it if no other choice.

Quick Reply