Figured I'd just write this up because I haven't seen too much about this around here. I was looking for a cheap option for a ventilation hood in the basement. I had all the materials to build a hood from wood and pvc when I looked over at a rubbermaid tote and went A HA! I flipped it upside down, punched to 1/4" holes at the bottom and tied some chain and S hooks to the ceiling beam. I then cut a 6" hole in the side with a jigsaw and mounted the ducting.
This is probably the cheapest alternative considering I already had most of the parts. There is rarely condensation in the tote. Nothing drips back into the keggle.
I've used this hood for about 6 different all grain batches without a single issue. Condensation builds up in the fan, which sometimes results in a small leak (only in the fan though). However, the hood works perfect.