Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Reivew of build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
LKHA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default Reivew of build

I built this one controller(cheaper more operator involvement) full electric with a lot of help from the people on this site. After many brews I want to review it for you thinking about building one.
The mash tun was purchased from Midwest and it works great maintaining temp(pre heat). The middle (HLT) is just that a hot water tank controlled with a PID allowing exact temps to the mash. The boil is on the right also controlled with the same PID. I just run the cheaper elements a 5500 in the Hlt and 4500 in the boil with no problems with wort burning even with a high gravity barley wine batch. I use a paint strainer for hops in the BK to keep them out of the plate chiller.
What would I change on the HLT the placement of the sight glass and temp probe to other side, quick connects on hoses, spend money and have all welded no o-rings for bungs. not bad for the first time and 250 plus gallons only problem dry fired once and lost a element. I love the electric but it limits me to brewing at home so looking at building a dual heat system still having PIDs and pumps for the future.

I have seem some TERRIBLE advice on here in the past few months. I may even be guilty of bad advice myself.
castermmt Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply