Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Push boxes and maximum bends in NMC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
badmajon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Push boxes and maximum bends in NMC

Another electricity question from me... bear with me. I've been reading the NEC and it says that there cannot be more than 4 (90 degree) bends in the conduit between box to box. I read that as meaning outlet box to outlet box. However, would putting push boxes in the conduit mean I could do more bends and still keep it in code?

I have this really pesky situation that would require no less than 6 bends from outlet to outlet.

BTW, invariably some people have the attitude that if you need to ask a question about electricity and or codes than you shouldn't be doing it. Without derailing a thread before it starts, I disagree.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 426 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Yes, you can add condulet bodies or pull boxes between your outlets. A pulling 'c' or 'LB' type fitting is appropriate way to get around the bending radius codes.

140.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply