Powdercoating rig next week. What have I forgotten?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kegger320

Reaction score
Ok, I have the rig ready to powdercoating I think. Just want input on anything you would add before coating.

I have added the following:

1. Swinging arm for controls
2. Gas plumbing brackets to hang gas line under rig
3. Pump brackets hug under center of rig
4. Plate to mount chiller on bottom rail with U-bolt
5. I left the burner cans loose to be powder coated separately
6. Individually adjustable burner can/burners

I am concerned about not having heat shields in the front of the keggles, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Anything you guys would recommend? This site is where I found almost all of these different ideas since I am a little challenged on the imagination front. It just seems that you guys seem to have an endless supply of unbelievable design ideas, so please fire away.

Thanks

image.jpg

:cross:Hold on let me turn my computer up side down.

Do you have a shield for your pump. It would suck to have hot wort boil over and ruin an expensive pump

:cross:Hold on let me turn my computer up side down.

Do you have a shield for your pump. It would suck to have hot wort boil over and ruin an expensive pump

Yes I do, but I was wondering if the ends need to be bent down at an angle as mine are straight.

I don't know I have a couple of burners and some gravity to do my work, but I would bend it out a bit to make any fluid splash away kinda like a gutter pipe pushing the rain away from a house

If you're taking your stand to a powder coat business, you're going to need money. I went through that when I built my stand. I didn't trust regular powder coat because of the temperature range and high temp powder coat is ridiculously expensive. I ended up using high temp header paint from Lowes. It's held up good. I touch up when needed. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Did you make your burner cans yourself?

Todd

I did make the burner cans myself, they aren't the prettiest but they were definitely the right price.

Actually I bent 22ga. Steel around a fermenting bucket at tHe bottom and it was almost the perfect size.

I was trying to find anything with an 11" diameter without making a wooden pattern.

If you're taking your stand to a powder coat business, you're going to need money. I went through that when I built my stand. I didn't trust regular powder coat because of the temperature range and high temp powder coat is ridiculously expensive. I ended up using high temp header paint from Lowes. It's held up good. I touch up when needed. Just my 2 cents.

That's a super idea, but I was trying to figure out how you would cure it. Don't you have to heat it up for a couple of hours before it is heat sealed?

I'm pretty sure any rattle-can "high temperature" paint requires a curing process. The 2K°F VHT "header" paint I used on my single tier has a rather elaborate curing process that ends at 650°F. Most powder coating shops top out in the low-500°F range so that curing thing can be challenging...

Cheers!

That's a super idea, but I was trying to figure out how you would cure it. Don't you have to heat it up for a couple of hours before it is heat sealed?

It does have a multi temp curing process. I wondered about it for a while and just ended up brewing on it and touching up when needed.

Back