Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Pilot Light Mounting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
beecha
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pilot Light Mounting

I am working on a rig build and doing some research. I am planning on using low pressure furnace valves from honeywell or the like as this seems to be a pretty reliable method. My question is how is everyone mounting their pilot lights? Are they mounted to the burner somehow? or is the copper supply tubing enough to hold up the pilot burner? Pics would be a plus as this post may help others down the road.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
beecha
Recipes 

Follow up: I noticed on the BG14 burners there is a 4th mounting location on this type of burner. For those of you that own this style, is this a tapped location? If that is the case this is probably an acceptable location for pilot mounting. BG14 or similar owners please chime in.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
kladue
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

The burner casting can be drilled and tapped for #6 bolts to attach the pilot burner, the casting is thick enough to hold the pilot burner screws if you are careful. The pressure inside the burner is so low at that point that fuel air mix leakage past the threads is too small to ignite in the flow of air around the burner during operation. The top of the pilot burner needs to be even with the top of the main burner and about 3/8" - 1/2" away from the burner openings on the top. The pilot burner flame will come out and rise at about a 45 degree angle, so keep that in mind when planning the pilot location.

Quick Reply