Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > The Original, Hullababrewery... Our first effort with a 2-Tier Stand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
pale_ale-froman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Terribly sorry I haven't gotten back, but it has been a crazy last few weeks. Company got bought out, I got laid off, so looks like I'm going to be relocating to Dallas permanently. No pity party for me, I have work up here, ha.

That said, I haven't been back down to my house there in College Station, where the Hullababrewery resides currently, I apologize!

Good news however, I have received my sight glasses from Bobby_M as well as my stainless HERMS coil! I am hoping to get back down there Monday or Tuesday, I am rapidly running out of clothes to wear, and I'm sure my lawn needs attention by now, ha! So when that happens I will definitely get those dimensions and materials posted, as well as a few new pictures!

Primary:
Empty...

Secondary:
Belgian Dubbel (Club's Barrel Brew)(Now in Barrel!)

Kegged:
AHS Northwestern Cascadian Dark Ale
Spring Red Ale Session

Plans...:
Pliny the Elder Clone (very excited)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
pale_ale-froman
Recipes 

Okay, finally got back home for a few days and am able to brew!

Did some measuring on the stand itself, the overall dimensions are 6'x2'. The top level is 4'x2' and the height comes out to 20 3/4". Pretty simple design really, didn't take us more than a few hours to assemble. One thing I am going to change is how the pump is mounted. I want it positioned vertically so that the inlet it facing down. I have problems every time I brew with priming, and KEEPING the prime especially. I have heard that this should/might help alleviate some of those issues from what I've read on here.

Sorry no pictures today! I only have time to brew before I head back to Dallas, but I'm thinking I'll bring my keggles with me to do some work on them...

Primary:
Empty...

Secondary:

Kegged:
Spring Red Ale Session

Plans...:

Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #23
pale_ale-froman
Recipes 

Time for a little update on my progress. I have re-coiled my 50' SS HERMS coil to just under 11" diameter. To pay homage, http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/50-f...s-coil-300138/ As this contraption was not my brain child whatsoever. Very good thread with many different ideas on how to get that done. I have a local pipe and hose place here in Lewisville that says they can put a 90 degree bend on each end of the coil (I've already purchased two straight compression fittings) for $10 or a little homebrew (haha, it worked!). So I'm going to leave that to them, I think they'll be impressed by my coiling, they didn't have anything to do it, and wasn't sure what the best way would be, but wished me luck.

imag0174.jpg   imag0176.jpg   photo.jpg   photo-3-.jpg   imag0178.jpg  

Primary:
Empty...

Secondary:

Kegged:
Spring Red Ale Session

Plans...:

Quick Reply