Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > NanoBrewery build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #361
klyph
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 3

How much reserve do you have on hand?

Primary: saison
Secondary: nada
Conditioning: macaroon stout
Drinking: store bought

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #362
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
The state is taking its sweet time approving my new license so I won't be starting until I have approval from them.
I agree with the economics of this. I have 5 interested parties ready to taste my brew to see if they want to carry it in their establishments. I don't mind waiting, it gives the beer longer to age.
Like a fine wine Hoss things will get better hang in there bro as 2010 has to be a better year for all. Once past the paperwork it sounds like your in business, best of luck with 2010 with your grand opening. BTW, any more snow in your area lately?

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #363
Guntr
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to subscribe without posting, so while I am I have to say that this is freaking AMAZING! Congrats man, good luck and stay with it.

I would love to do it, but the laws and permits up here in Ontario, Canada are crazy difficult.

I opened just a coffee shop (w/o beer or liquor licence) and it took us about four months to jump through all the hoops.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #364
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyph View Post
How much reserve do you have on hand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewBeemer View Post
Like a fine wine Hoss things will get better hang in there bro as 2010 has to be a better year for all. Once past the paperwork it sounds like your in business, best of luck with 2010 with your grand opening. BTW, any more snow in your area lately?
I have 7 beers ready to serve in my 4 tap system and 10 more gallons fermenting right now.

We just had some rain but no snow at my level.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #365
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Got a call yesterday from the poshest restaurant in town inviting me to an official beer tasting. About 140 invited guests will be there and she has myself, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium and one or two more beers slated to be there. If it goes well then they will want to sell my beer. Not only that but the guests are usually upper crust local business types which may further increase my sales.
It should be interesting to see how I stack up against Sierra Nevada and New Belgium. I figure the big guys will bring in either something new or their most popular, or both. I should counter that with something different like a Hazelnut Brown Ale I just kegged and a mild Raspberry Wheat then I could go higher with a Scottish Wee Heavy and a Brown Ale. What do you all think?

DaveHunter5 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #366
smmcdermott
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

First...wow, that is awesome. A homebrewer agains one of the best breweries I know (debateable, I know).

In my opinion, I would bring them all as a just in case. Wouldn't want to bring just the hazelnut and raspberry in case they aren't looking for that kind of flavored beer. Or if you can only bring two, bring one of those and the brown or wee heavy. I don't know, I am just so excited for you. Think of all that exposure!!!!

No pressure though.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #367
MikeScott
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I can see the advantage of bringing something different, but if you have the resources, I would personally bring something different as well as something similar to New Belgium and Sierra Nevada's flagship beers. You'll show them that they can get the same or better quality from a local source.

- Mike Scott
http://www.GoodHomebrew.com

Fermenter 1: Lambic
Fermenter 2:
Fermenter 3:

What's ready and what I've made

Old 01-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #368
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Be like a good pirate, come with all your cannons fully loaded with the maximum amount of black powder in them, come to win not a fizzle of defeat.
Go for it with your large variety of samples. Congrats, seems that larger brewery that's in storage will be in action sooner than you think once you get the bier flowing after all the legal paperwork is finally blessed. I see a road trip with the wifey in your direction. You go Hoss.

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Old 01-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #369
ajwillys
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 34

That's awesome! I can see how you're torn on what too bring. On one hand, it can be pretty intimidating putting a pale ale against SNPA (arguably, the gold standard) but at the same time, it would be awesome if you can hold your own which I'm sure you can.

In a tasting like this, it's probably some random sales person bringing the kegs for 'the big boys' while the owner himself will be selecting kegs from your brewery. You might try getting the contacts of those folks and asking what they are bringing.

Of course, you could also just come out swinging and bring everything you got.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #370
humann_brewing
More Humann than human

Recipes 

Liked 313 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
Got a call yesterday from the poshest restaurant in town inviting me to an official beer tasting. About 140 invited guests will be there and she has myself, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium and one or two more beers slated to be there. If it goes well then they will want to sell my beer. Not only that but the guests are usually upper crust local business types which may further increase my sales.
It should be interesting to see how I stack up against Sierra Nevada and New Belgium. I figure the big guys will bring in either something new or their most popular, or both. I should counter that with something different like a Hazelnut Brown Ale I just kegged and a mild Raspberry Wheat then I could go higher with a Scottish Wee Heavy and a Brown Ale. What do you all think?
That sounds awesome boss, what event is that? I may be interested if it is open.

Quick Reply