Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > NanoBrewery build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
That would be a backhoe my friend.

Looks great!
True, it is. I was too lazy so I went with 'dozer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishCastleAle View Post
How big of a kettle or fermenter will you be using? Just curious if that floor will be strong enough to hold a big kettle/fermenter full of liquid.
For now it will just be 5 and 10 gallon batches. If it grows enough I will determine my next step. The flooring is 5/8" interlocking sheets on top of wood pallets. Pretty strong for now. The ground underneath that is composed of decomposed granite and clay. Basically cement.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #13
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
For now it will just be 5 and 10 gallon batches. If it grows enough I will determine my next step. The flooring is 5/8" interlocking sheets on top of wood pallets. Pretty strong for now. The ground underneath that is composed of decomposed granite and clay. Basically cement.
Gotcha. What is the min/max amount brewed per year that defines 'nanobrewery'? I'm just wondering if I'm a nanobrewery, picobrewery femtobrewery...etc.
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 09-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #14
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishCastleAle View Post
Gotcha. What is the min/max amount brewed per year that defines 'nanobrewery'? I'm just wondering if I'm a nanobrewery, picobrewery femtobrewery...etc.
I saw that term referring to Homebrewers. I figure once I get over 200 gallons/year I'll be a MicroBrewery.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #15
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
The base is sitting on treated wood and the floor has a layer of roofing paper under it for protection. I didn't want to deal with pulling permits and having my taxes go up so I made it not permanent.

looks good .. I just found out that anything over 10 ft tall or larger than 100 square feet needs a permit foundation or not where I live. So my brew shed is on hold till I pull the permit.

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
Boar Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Are you really going to sell beer? You know the black boot guys at ATF will come visiting. For a permit you can not have wood and have to meet loads of health stuff.

I was married for 10 years before my wife knew I drank.
Then one day I made a mistake and came home from work sober

Minus33.com

Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #17
springer

Recipes 

Quote:
I'll be doing both corney kegs and bottles to start. I'll be selling out of a Wine Tasting Shop so people can come in and have a taste and buy a bottle if they want to. I have a feeling it will get bigger pretty fast. Small town with not a lot of choices.
It may be none of my business and I hate to be a stickler but do you have the proper licenses to sell your product? its just that I work with a lot of state/federal mandates and I'd hate to see ya get jammed up... one of my insureds is in jail and paid a 1 million $ fine because he wasn't licensed to perform the operations he was doing .. bridge repairs for the state.

He made 2 million on the project . So after expenses they hit him with about 300k more than he made

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Reason: Boar beer beat me to the ?

Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
looks good .. I just found out that anything over 10 ft tall or larger than 100 square feet needs a permit foundation or not where I live. So my brew shed is on hold till I pull the permit.
If by chance the county decides it's necessary it's real easy to get permits here. I wonder if those "portable" car ports they sell at CostCo need a permit then? They're 200 sq ft. Some people anchor those down with cement. I would doubt it though.
Facebook page

Old 09-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I would presume that there is licensing and such involved? How much is a license to sell alcohol running you? Taxes on production? Are there certain regulatory mandates that dictate the design, layout or operation since you are producing something for consumption and sale?

Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
springer

Recipes 

Quote:
If by chance the county decides it's necessary it's real easy to get permits here. I wonder if those "portable" car ports they sell at CostCo need a permit then? They're 200 sq ft. Some people anchor those down with cement. I would doubt it though.
I have a 20X24 Cover-it on my property no permit needed for anything with a canvas shell. I was taking that down to put up the brew shed . But with wood and shingles they feel anything over 100 sq ft is really a permanent structure.

RThomas436 Likes This 

Quick Reply