Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > NanoBrewery build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #1121
Puddlethumper
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 206

I was passing thru Mariposa today and checked the supermarket for your beer. Couldn't find it on the shelf. I went to the Pioneer Market. Is there another one in town or another area in the Pioneer where your beer is stocked? Maybe just out of stock? (Selling it faster than you can make it?)

I ended up checking out the Prospector's Brewing pub. Their IPA was pretty good. Nice imaginative use of New Zealand hops. I asked the guy in there about you and he had some real nice things to say. He thought your beer was at the market, too.

I would sure like to try your beer and will be back up that way again before too long. So when you get a chance let us know where they are selling it.

Thanks!

--------

Beer ----

--- the reason I wake up every afternoon.

------

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #1122
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddlethumper View Post
I was passing thru Mariposa today and checked the supermarket for your beer. Couldn't find it on the shelf. I went to the Pioneer Market. Is there another one in town or another area in the Pioneer where your beer is stocked? Maybe just out of stock? (Selling it faster than you can make it?)

I ended up checking out the Prospector's Brewing pub. Their IPA was pretty good. Nice imaginative use of New Zealand hops. I asked the guy in there about you and he had some real nice things to say. He thought your beer was at the market, too.

I would sure like to try your beer and will be back up that way again before too long. So when you get a chance let us know where they are selling it.

Thanks!
Thank you for checking. They have 4 cases of my beer but haven't put it out on the shelf yet. I don't know why but I'm going to call them tomorrow and find out. My Amber is at "The Alley" in 12 oz bottles. They are downtown near the "Gold Coin".

Old 10-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #1123
Puddlethumper
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
Thank you for checking. They have 4 cases of my beer but haven't put it out on the shelf yet. I don't know why but I'm going to call them tomorrow and find out. My Amber is at "The Alley" in 12 oz bottles. They are downtown near the "Gold Coin".
Thanks! I saw the Gold Coin and thought about trying there but due to time constraints decided to pass. Good thing I did. Will be up that way again in a couple weeks.

Take care!

--------

Beer ----

------

Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #1124
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Thanks! I saw the Gold Coin and thought about trying there but due to time constraints decided to pass. Good thing I did. Will be up that way again in a couple weeks.

Take care!
Spoke to Pioneer market this morning and they were sorry for the mix up but will have my beer on the shelf right away.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #1125
Puddlethumper
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Spoke to Pioneer market this morning and they were sorry for the mix up but will have my beer on the shelf right away.
Cool. I'll be looking forward to trying that amber.

I'm getting ready to retire this winter and have some good farmland outside of Fresno. I'm thinking of putting in some hop plants. I'll be doing this with an eye toward possibly going commercial (small time) if things go well. What varieties do you use the most? And would you have any interest in buying some locally grown hops if they were available?

Like I said, this is still in the discussion stage. I'm just trying to get a feel for the market. And, of course, it will be at least late summer 2015 before anything I plant next spring will be producing enough to even talk about.

--------

Beer ----

------

Old 10-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #1126
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Quote:
Cool. I'll be looking forward to trying that amber.

I'm getting ready to retire this winter and have some good farmland outside of Fresno. I'm thinking of putting in some hop plants. I'll be doing this with an eye toward possibly going commercial (small time) if things go well. What varieties do you use the most? And would you have any interest in buying some locally grown hops if they were available?

Like I said, this is still in the discussion stage. I'm just trying to get a feel for the market. And, of course, it will be at least late summer 2015 before anything I plant next spring will be producing enough to even talk about.
Cascade, Willamette and Northern Brewer would be my top 3. I prefer pellet hops for consistency but there are a lot of brewers who like whole cone hops.
Good luck with it!
Facebook page

Old 10-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #1127
Puddlethumper
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Cascade, Willamette and Northern Brewer would be my top 3. I prefer pellet hops for consistency but there are a lot of brewers who like whole cone hops.
Good luck with it!
Thanks for the recommendations. I know Cascade will be in my initial planting. And I agree about the consistency of pellet hops. I'll be playing with the hops from the first year's harvest myself. It'll be interesting to see how they work out.

Thanks again.

--------

Beer ----

------

Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #1128
CervezaMaLa
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Reading 4 years worth of Hoss' story over two days has been like power-watching Breaking Bad on Netflix before the last 1/2 season aired...incredibly enjoyable and sad that I got to the 'end'...good thing it really isn't the end, just a temporary pause. What a great thread. Thanks so much. Looking forward to the rest of the story in real time.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:20 AM   #1129
blacksmith
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

Inspirational! A truely epic story, my congratulations on your current and no doubt future success!

Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #1130
sparky2284
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

first off, congrats on your dream and wish big things for you. i have the same dream and similar plan as you. you think its possible to post the links to the licenses required to do all this? or at least the names of the licenses i would need? i would like to check this out. thank you!

Quick Reply