Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > My Weldless Build Using Strut

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #321
b-boy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 542 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrewedit View Post
I've got a 1/2" dia hose coming along with a quick disconnect. I've got two 23 tip burners but would really only have to run one at a time. The only gas appliance that could come on without my control is the water heater, so I'm thinking it'll be okay.
I bought that hose too. That's the only part I'm waiting on. The website had a problem. They charged me correctly for 1 hose, then tried to double charge me for a second hose. Not happy with their communication either. I paid via Paypal and they keep sending me Paypal bills for the extra $20. They don't want to ship until I pay it. I've indicated several times that I only want 1 hose, but I don't get any responses. They still haven't shipped anything after a week.

How do you attach the QDs to the hose? I'm thinking that I can slip a 2"-3" 3/8" black iron pipe nipple into the hose and use a worm clip to tighten it down. Then screw the QD onto one end of the pipe nipple.

Is that how everyone is doing it?

Edit: Well they did ship the hose. Actually they shipped 2 hoses. I called to let them know and they informed me that there was another box on the way with even more hoses. Hmm...this could be one for the ethics thread? Actually, I'm shipping them back at their expense. He said when I placed my order the system just lost it's mind. Apparently my order has been a topic of conversation for their IT guys for the last week.

Never underestimate the potential of someone who refuses to act their age.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #322
caioz1jp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Here is my strut build. My burner stand sits at a perfect hight so i designed it for my mash tun and a spot for a HLT. If anyone is interested i can post the dimensions.

forumrunner_20130206_154809.jpg  

Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #323
gifty74
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-boy View Post

How do you attach the QDs to the hose? I'm thinking that I can slip a 2"-3" 3/8" black iron pipe nipple into the hose and use a worm clip to tighten it down. Then screw the QD onto one end of the pipe nipple.

Is that how everyone is doing it?
I got 25' of 1/2" ID hose, Goodyear Pliovic PVC hose. It is generally blue in color. Mine has 1/2" male NPT fittings on each end, as an integral part of the hose. Made it real easy to just screw on my 1/2" NPT QDs. The QDs I bought are HERE. Still at an excellent price for what you are getting.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #324
b-boy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifty74 View Post
I got 25' of 1/2" ID hose, Goodyear Pliovic PVC hose. It is generally blue in color. Mine has 1/2" male NPT fittings on each end, as an integral part of the hose. Made it real easy to just screw on my 1/2" NPT QDs. The QDs I bought are HERE. Still at an excellent price for what you are getting.
OK - that's great. I just got the same hose and QDs today. I haven't really looked that closely at it yet. That makes it a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. Thank you. Hopefully I would have figured that out eventually, but you never know.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #325
HDIr0n
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifty74 View Post
That is both ends needed for a connection right (Male and Female)? So one would need to order two of these to hook up a gas system?

Thanks,
-G

My Brutus 20 build

My Brutus/1550 Failed build

“Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."

– David Wallace

Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #326
signpost
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I like this build. I keep dreaming of having the space to build my own brew stand.

Bottled - The Land of Pils and Honey, an imperial Saison with Clover Honey; a sour mashed Berliner Weisse; Cascade Pale Ale; Hop Wine - an Imperial India Pilsner Ale; Guajillo Ancho Brown Ale; Back To School Porter, an Imperial Robust Porter with vanilla beans

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #327
bobbrewedit
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDIr0n View Post

That is both ends needed for a connection right (Male and Female)? So one would need to order two of these to hook up a gas system?

Thanks,
-G
I just bought one...the gas hose will be permanently attached to the rig and only disconnect at the house.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #328
JonesSoda6
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

I just bought one...the gas hose will be permanently attached to the rig and only disconnect at the house.
I run mine the same way on mine

Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #329
b-boy

Recipes 

Quote:
I bought two - one for each end.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #330
b-boy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioz1jp View Post
Here is my strut build. My burner stand sits at a perfect hight so i designed it for my mash tun and a spot for a HLT. If anyone is interested i can post the dimensions.
Sure - I'd like to know the dimensions. How tall is it?

Quick Reply