homemade exhaust hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redman67

Reaction score
I brew in my cellar with an electric rig and didnt want to spend a fortune on a hood so I came up with this

I used a stainless gas grill cover and mounted the inline fan to it
it is hard wired to the swithch you see
I removed one of the panes of my cellar window and replaced with plexiglass and drilled out hole for dryer vent
hood is mounted with heavy duty adjustable shelfing from HD Just bolted
the arms to the cover and anchored wall brackets to the concrete
works great and was relativly cheap looks pretty good to if I must say so myself

P1010025.jpg

dont hold me to it but I think its a 250 cfm more than enough for the steam
I got the cover at the local recycling center just went down there every now and then

Yeah, you suck... LOL... I might need to find one near me. Or see if I can locate something like a 55 gallon drum that I could cut up and use. It would need to be clean, so no oil and stuff in it... Will have to see if a HDPE drum would work. Hmmmm, those are pretty cheap (I believe) and could handle the steam temps. Would make for a wider hood section too. :D

Great idea! I may have to look at some scratch and dents to get something cheap to vent my BK. I'm tired of my garage dripping on me!

Back