Ok, so I am not very technically inclined. I want to see if my idea makes sense, and more importantly, if I am risking starting a fire.
Following the "heatstick=awesome" thread design, I run into the huge problem that the house I brew in does not have 20A outlets (available for brewing), and I'm not confident in my ability to attempt to mess around with the house wiring.
So, I know from the thread that regular home outlets can handle heating elements up to 1500W at best. I know that won't produce enough to boil -- my goal is really just to help accellerate the boiling in conjunction with the stove.
Ok, enough blabbing. Here's my idea.
Could I run two 1500W heating elements through a surge-protected power strip (obviously plugged into one outlet) without danger and/or risk of fire?