Come enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Electric build in progress

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Bellwood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Electric build in progress

Hi all, Im relatively new to brewing since my neighbor, who has brewed for years, got me interested on it about a year ago. We have been doing AG with a couple of extracts here and there and it's been on his 3 tier propane rig which is mostly manual operation minus a plate chiller & march pump. I have a background in Electrical and currently I&C, so you can imagine that after being the brewing assistant a few times I was quickly looking for ways to modify it. Well after I began reading articles, watching videos on homebrewing and visiting the LHBS I decided that it was time to jump in and make something. While brewing outside one freezing Detroit winter night I thought about doing it inside and not freezing our arses off; and that's when it hit me. Build an indoor electric brewery. After debating to do it in the basement or the garage I realized the garage was the best since it was already plumbed with a sink and I wasn't about to move my kegerator down the stairs. Ive taken quite a few pictures since the beginning and Ill do my best to post them along the way, as of now Im about 2/3 the way finished. After moving cabinets and fridges around a bit here is the space. Wish me luck and Cheers!

imag0156.jpg   imag0157.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Bellwood
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

With the help from the Electric Brewery I was able to design and make a control box. I had some primer and bright red paint left over from something and it sure does stand out!

imag0061.jpg   imag0063.jpg  

Old 08-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Bellwood
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

While I waited for the control components to arrive I had some cedar left over from a fence project last year and put this thing together in about an hour, hit it with a water seal and then with 2 poly-acrylic coats. Attached it to the wall studs for insurance.

imag0198.jpg   imag0159.jpg  

Old 01-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #4
JUST_BREW_IT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 16

i was following this awesome thread and then it abruptly ended?

Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #5
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1446 Times on 1171 Posts

From the looks of his last post to HBT, he may be laying on his basement floor...

Cheers!

Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 AM   #6
JUST_BREW_IT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr View Post
From the looks of his last post to HBT, he may be laying on his basement floor...

Cheers!
oh wow, haha!!!

Old 01-20-2015, 02:54 AM   #7
Bellwood
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Apologies, I did slip and fall a few times ..conveniently under the kegerator. I made some significant advancements towards the goal line and will post pics coming soon.

Quick Reply