Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Deep Six Brewing System - v2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 12:14 AM   #31
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

With you purchasing controllers, temp and PH probes and other needed electronic items in bulk you must be able to beat anyone that orders single items like myself or other homebrewers that would purchase single items. Hence the question about a basic unassembled basic parts package available to us homebrewers to upgrade our basic kettles if we have the ability to assemble without injury or death. A basic kit but allowing a computer hookup available as one grows into their system (more money available) would be great after thinking about your system.

I myself an 'ex licenced A&P mechanic until the 75 airline layoffs, a few years machine shop background, now a forced retirement back injury as a union electrician of 27 years. For toys a fully loaded Miller 350 Synchrowave Tig, Miller 251 Mig w/30A spoolgun, Hypertherm Max 20 Plasma, Lathe and a Bridgeport mill with 10" rotary index table that mounts vertical and horizontal. All personal shop and garage toys while I lay around taking pain pills thinking up crazy ideas like I posted above during idle (pain) times all night long.

PS; thanks for the PM sent, will take note. Some day i'll get what I would call a presentable unit for show and tell. Thanks again and best of luck with your project.

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #32
eschatz

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 18 Posts

Jesus John, what the hell are you doing? It's this kind of jealousy that killed Lennon you know! That thing is increadible. Your prowess in the brewing idiom is certainly aberrant. Once again jealousy abounds.

What's tappening? :D

Old 09-08-2008, 02:21 AM   #33
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschatz View Post
Jesus John, what the hell are you doing? It's this kind of jealousy that killed Lennon you know! That thing is increadible. Your prowess in the brewing idiom is certainly aberrant. Once again jealousy abounds.
Why thanks - that is my ultimate goal... assassination. heh

Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 AM   #34
M@!
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That is sofa king awesome. Automated saltwater tank setups have PH probes that give of readings, not sure if it would be worth while looking into them.

Neptune AquaController control modules

Old 09-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #35
Clayton
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 19

these guys make ph meters with serial interfaces
pH meter: Hanna Instruments Complete Selection of pH meters
thay even make some for wine and food

BTW the VIA EPIA board are faster cheeper and useless power
that and most have 4 to 6 rs232 ports plus 6 to 8 USB and LVDS port for hooking an LCD screen strate to the board like in a laptop "no external power"
http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/

Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 AM   #36
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton_ross View Post
these guys make ph meters with serial interfaces
pH meter: Hanna Instruments Complete Selection of pH meters
thay even make some for wine and food

BTW the VIA EPIA board are faster cheeper and useless power
that and most have 4 to 6 rs232 ports plus 6 to 8 USB and LVDS port for hooking an LCD screen strate to the board like in a laptop "no external power"
VIA Embedded Boards - VIA Technologies, Inc.
Thanks, I'll check out those PH meters but I think we are on the downhill with building an amp...

I looked at those VIA boards but chose the Intel based on the specs and price - it was only $79 delivered from NewEgg and has all the horsepower I can ever imagine it needing.

Merchandise: http://zazzle.com/deepsix
Projects: HERMs Setup v2.0 | Fermentation Cabinets | Milling Station | Wort Chilling Station| Walk-in Cooler | Kegerator

"If thair is no gas bing pasted thru the air lock check for a leak."
"Handcrafted Brewing - A guide for All home brewers!" by Stan Richards, RFC - Copyright 1992.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 AM   #37
SILVER13ACK
Recipes 

:^0

Old 09-08-2008, 04:09 AM   #38
Clayton
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 19

oh and BTW
take a look at this via pico kit it uses a 12volt power supply so you can run it off the same power as your other controls VIA ARTiGO Pico-ITX Builder Kit A1000 - VIA Technologies, Inc.

here are abunch more pico 12 atx powesupplys that will run any computer mother board off 12 volts so long at the watts are mached, the powersupply is no bigger than the atx wire harness.. i love nano computing i have been useing nano boards for years as mesh routers becase you can slip one in a weather proof box right next to a wireless access point and power the whole deal with power over ethernet, i built a setup for a local Internet service provider, that let them push a rual wireless internet service where each user was a cell that pushed it out further, works great
small PC ATX power supplies with 12V or 6-24V input

that will save you some space i see you have that AC powersupply in there now

Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #39
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.

Recipes 

I had an issue last night that I didn't have a chance to look at until I started to re-test this AM - the circuit for the 220v heating element was not turning off at the relay when it was supposed to... the LED on the relay would toggle off, but the power wouldn't. After asking around (thanks kladue), my hunch of what was causing it turned out to be right - the relay was getting too hot.

So I did what any good DIYer / Modder would do on a Sunday night when there wasn't anywhere to go buy a heatsink - I scavenged. I ended up disassembling a small 12v fridge that was powered by a peltier cooler. After removing the peltier cooler and hacking around, turned out to be a perfect fit - even the bolt pattern matched up - although it isn't the prettiest thing. It is pretty much hidden from the front of my rig, so I'm OK with it.

I'm running one last test with it now that everything has been reassembled and it is working great. Thank God I didn't ruin that relay - that would have been several days wait to replace...

Here's a photo:

Merchandise: http://zazzle.com/deepsix
Projects: HERMs Setup v2.0 | Fermentation Cabinets | Milling Station | Wort Chilling Station| Walk-in Cooler | Kegerator

"If thair is no gas bing pasted thru the air lock check for a leak."
"Handcrafted Brewing - A guide for All home brewers!" by Stan Richards, RFC - Copyright 1992.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #40
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Good fix.

When Are you getting beer out of the thing?

Quick Reply