Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Deep Six Brewing System - v2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #21
Brewsmith
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts

I don't have the computer skillz to pull that off, but I know a few friends that do. When I finally get around to building my system, your project is definitely getting referenced. This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #22
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Nothing to add....

Apart from ...

I'm in LOVE.

What are your plans for this. Is it just a personal project or are you looking to eventually sell plans?

Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #23
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Thanks for the quick reply, knowing when your ready you'll post results for all.

I have a warped hell bent idea, no one will change my mind once its set. Thinking of extending the mash and boil kegs to 22 gallon capacity to handle 10 gallon big grain bills if I wanted having the mash and boil keg capacity. Also planned on adding another keg bottom app 5" deep to the keg bottom skirt after removing the rolled end of the skirt for a seperate chamber filled with glycol or anti-freeze for the heating elements, expansion vent tube up the side will be needed. Bottom skirt drain windows welded shut. This for mash and boil keg with a standard 15.5 HLT keg directly electically heated. Additional ideas like your build add to the desire for this build, just the wattage size is still an open subject. I have 70 amps available but to keep costs down may use 50 amp breaker with 50 amp twistlocs as they are affordable vs 100 amp cord caps. Two 4.5KW elements until up to temp then run off one 4.5KW PID controlled, wanting a fast temp rise. Again thanks for sharing.

You going to add the mash PH feature to the system in the future?

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Old 09-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
beerthirty
big beers turn my gears

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 12 Posts

JohnBeere, we are all waiting anxiously for your finished product. Until that time comes, do you want another beta tester?
Just a question for safety reasons, have you thought about a flip over shield for the receptacles. I would hate to hear about a small amount of spilled wort shorting the receptacle and damaging your electronics. Or do you boil in another location?

primary- Tangerine Dream, SWMBO slayer,
serving- amber ale hop experiment #6, Roggenbier, apfelwine
planning- Cru?
conditioning- 9/9/09 barleywine
Drink water?... Never, fish fornicate in it.--- W.C. Fields
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of force.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #25
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks again. One way or another, we are going to take the app commercial. At first, I just didn't know how many homebrewers would be interested in this level overkill and it seemed more suited for Micros. There are a LOT of details that must be worked out, but we have already begun thinking it all through.

There are some real obstacles to overcome, but we are working with an electrical engineer to amplify the output of a PH electrode into readable voltage. If this can be accomplished, the mash PH can be tracked along with the rest of the statistics.

I will probably run another test run of the system this afternoon specifically to capture stats and get enough sample data to see what I can do about charting it all out.

Merchandise: http://zazzle.com/deepsix
Projects: HERMs Setup v2.0 | Fermentation Cabinets | Milling Station | Wort Chilling Station| Walk-in Cooler | Kegerator

"If thair is no gas bing pasted thru the air lock check for a leak."
"Handcrafted Brewing - A guide for All home brewers!" by Stan Richards, RFC - Copyright 1992.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #26
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 36

It's official.

Seriously, I worked in three different breweries and hung out in a dozen more. None - NONE - of them had touchscreen automation. Hell, only one of those breweries had powered mash rakes!

Yeah. You suck. Mostly because I wants one, yes Precious.

Even my wife said, "Holy sh!t!"

Thanks for ruining my Sunday. I'm gonna go jump in the Delaware and end it all.

Bob

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Old 09-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #27
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beere View Post
Thanks again. One way or another, we are going to take the app commercial. At first, I just didn't know how many homebrewers would be interested in this level overkill and it seemed more suited for Micros. There are a LOT of details that must be worked out, but we have already begun thinking it all through.

There are some real obstacles to overcome, but we are working with an electrical engineer to amplify the output of a PH electrode into readable voltage. If this can be accomplished, the mash PH can be tracked along with the rest of the statistics.

I will probably run another test run of the system this afternoon specifically to capture stats and get enough sample data to see what I can do about charting it all out.

Your doing a heck of a job on this project I admire your sharing your progress.
I have one big major question speaking for myself being disabled with reduced pension and no SSD (a 6 year battle).

Will you have available with a price in the future of that control panel with all temp probes and a fully functional PH for the control panel as a complete basic kit? This is what I want a basic control system without any computer hookups. Just adding your control system with probes to already made kegs with heating elements, stand and pumps that I will already have would be all I would need to finish a system that is affordable to me? Maybe to others also? Thanks.......Carl.......

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #28
BeerCanuck

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

consider me Wowed
Outstanding John Beere

BeerCanuck

Old 09-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #29
drost
Recipes 

JB,

Once again, you've amazed us all.....Congrats!

"It isn't a matter of being a beer snob. Some people think a steak from Ponderosa is a great dinner out (Budweiser). Others would rather have a filet at one of the better steakhouses (craft beer). " --Pronger750

Old 09-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #30
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Carl,

We'll see how it shakes out. I am thinking through all the options and have already begun the process of talking to potential partners. That should go much easier now that I have a full working prototype.

Merchandise: http://zazzle.com/deepsix
Projects: HERMs Setup v2.0 | Fermentation Cabinets | Milling Station | Wort Chilling Station| Walk-in Cooler | Kegerator

"If thair is no gas bing pasted thru the air lock check for a leak."
"Handcrafted Brewing - A guide for All home brewers!" by Stan Richards, RFC - Copyright 1992.

Quick Reply