Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Building a BIAB structure...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Hauntedyards
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Building a BIAB structure...

I want to automate/control the banjo burner by using the Auber 1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller and an ASCO solenoid valve for the propane. Maybe add a timer or two.

Would there be any point in utilizing the ramp/soak version in a one pot brew structure to control the various stages of the mash cycle?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
phoenixs4r
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I gave up on electric brewing but I still am intrigued so I go over there quite a bit and lurk. This was posted yesterdayish..... is this what you're asking?

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pid...-2352p-305218/

Old 03-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Hauntedyards
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well after looking at fortydegnorth's BIAB structure I have been forced to redesign mine to comply with the awesome small form factor. It was a corner island style spanning 8 feet but it will now be in style of this design:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/biab...t-pump-310459/

I'm going to try to stay inside the 4' square foot print (easy to get in doors and sheds). This was just a sketch I did at work today... (intellectual property rights lost!)

Any thoughts on this design... I'll probably extent the front feet forward so that I can winch up full 20 gallon pots if need be without fear of tipping.

The back splash, bottom shelf, and front heat shield will be diamond aluminum sheet. It will hide all of the plumbing (pot filler faucet, water filter, etc) and electrical cords for the small 200lb gantry winch (controls will be rewired to the control panel).

The control panel will be a brutus style on an arm to the side.

photo.jpg  

Quick Reply